Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BAT - Delphi Green 1973 Porsche 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
Nice looking 2.0L on BAT....some faults but still decent. Should be interesting to see where the bids come in.... popcorn[1].gif

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-porsche-914-2-0-22/

Jamie
Beautiful L99A, my favorite color for some reason! first.gif
Minerva's 914
Click to view attachment

... a brother
FlacaProductions
Well, I put my $.02 worth in on that thread but it's gotten a little chippy. To my eye, it looks pretty good.
Jett
I love the color as well but there are some minor things I would change back to stock, like the shinny rims...which would be fun.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Someone invested a bunch of money in this one, spent the wrong way. Too bad. However it is a good california rust free driver, hope that the buyer does not pay too much and immediately after purchase, removes and donates the carpeting to some 356 guy for which it is appropriate!
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 7 2019, 11:24 AM) *

Someone invested a bunch of money in this one, spent the wrong way. Too bad. However it is a good california rust free driver, hope that the buyer does not pay too much and immediately after purchase, removes and donates the carpeting to some 356 guy for which it is appropriate!

Spot on George, totally agree the carpet jumped out at me immediately. But I am looking at carpet options and can not find anything in tan that is even close to the original for my '73. i saved a small piece from under the seat when the car was restored and it seems to be close to some of the VW carpet material I've seen but nothing from any Porsche vendors. I ended up putting in a carpet that is close in terms of pattern but is speckled instead of a solid tan color, sigh. sad.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Dec 8 2019, 05:21 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 7 2019, 11:24 AM) *

Spot on George, totally agree the carpet jumped out at me immediately. But I am looking at carpet options and can not find anything in tan that is even close to the original for my '73. i saved a small piece from under the seat when the car was restored and it seems to be close to some of the VW carpet material I've seen but nothing from any Porsche vendors. I ended up putting in a carpet that is close in terms of pattern but is speckled instead of a solid tan color, sigh. sad.gif

I bought almost two (73 and 75) full NOS carpet sets from AA, and I am confident that George might have an NOS tan set in the attic. smile.gif. Several members helped with various missing pieces.
Cal
Even with its faults this one just sold for $30,333.00.....
dr914@autoatlanta.com
everyone used to think that I had too high opinion of 914s value. Boy that sure has changed. Although I think the world of 914s and want them to sell for the highest prices in the "world" there is too much fever out there in some of these auctions and much lesser cars are selling for exorbitant prices. This one was a sort of home brew restoration, and although the guy put a lot of money in the car, the work and materials compromised. Hence who ever bought it did not know what they were looking at on this one. I hope hope that they are not disappointed. We never want bad words expressed for a 914.

I would like to ban the phrase "hellhole" by the way
porschetub
QUOTE(Cal @ Dec 13 2019, 08:46 AM) *

Even with its faults this one just sold for $30,333.00.....

Wow top price for a 100K + mile car,I guess there is a good market for those wanting a restored car even if the finer details are incorrect confused24.gif .
Cairo94507
Heck, given that, maybe I should list my original 6 on BAT for $400K or trade for a Dino 246 GTS...... beer.gif w00t.gif
oldschool
It looks Like my white car (1973 2.0) will be up for sale soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.