Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Additional air valve electric power consumption ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CheeRS
Bonsoir,
in january I will do a three-days rally race in the snow in the coldest region of France and the coldest in Europe, the record is -46C. The starts are difficult. On my 914 I had found the electric wire from the additional air valve plugged out. keeping in mind the car ran before I was the owner of the historic Monte Carlo Rally (in winter and the snow)I asked myself if this wire was unplugged to save start power .
Do you how may Ampere this valve ask for ?
Could I imagine a system with a switch to turn it off at the starting and just after put it on to warm and close slowly the additional air flow ?
Thanks

CheeRs
Mikey914
Any power saved would be minuscule. I'd try plugging it in if you have enough time and see what the difference is. I would suspect it would start easier.
porschetub
Can you confirm it is working? ,it may have been sticking open so wasn't connected ,the one I recently tested didn't stay open for long,power it up and see if you can blow thru it,power to wire and ground to mounting bracket
They can be cleaned without pulling apart,pretty simple part really but you need to retain it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.