Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: name these parts please?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
I received with the car when I bought it this bag of probably all old parts, if you could all name them would be good. One of the parts looks like some kind of unusual rotor. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
injunmort
first., clutch cable, throttle cable, rev limiting rotor. all look knackered and beyond use.
914Sixer
Make sure you save the wedge and nut off the clutch cable. Rev limiter may still good. They are NLA. Might clean up.
brcacti
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 7 2019, 04:15 PM) *

Make sure you save the wedge and nut off the clutch cable. Rev limiter may still good. They are NLA. Might clean up.

Thanks for that tip, will save the wedge and nut and rotor and toss the two cables in the recycle. 914sixer did you get the 2 parts I sent you?
maf914
QUOTE(brcacti @ Dec 7 2019, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 7 2019, 04:15 PM) *

Thanks for that tip, will save the wedge and nut and rotor and toss the two cables in the recycle. 914sixer did you get the 2 parts I sent you?

Yes, save the clutch cable hardware. On my 76 the clutch clevis (wedge) was originally a nylon plastic piece (what were they thinking, save a dollar?), which on my car lasted about 90,000 miles, before it failed and left me stranded, luckily near home. The replacement was a metal clevis.

The clutch cable and hardware should be considered to be a required spare, especially if you travel far from home. You won't find these parts at the local auto parts store.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.