Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Second Try At This
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
My God it seems like a hundred years ago that I made the suggestion that the "914 Pic Of The Month" on the 914World Homepage should be replaced by a random display of pics of owners cars, yet we are still looking at the same image blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif . Even though a lot of members liked the idea, neither Andy or nor any of the admins ever piped in as to whether my suggestion was reasonable or doable. So....Admins, is it possible to use pics of cars sent in by owners as a random rotating image on the homepage in place of the usual pic of the month that requires voting..etc., and then sits on the homepage forever like aging cheese?? I think it would be entertaining and beneficial to see EVERYONE's cars! Is there any support for this out there?? Thank you.

Ansbacher
Cairo94507
I think that's a great idea. beerchug.gif
pete000
agree.gif
Gatornapper
Seems to me that the two options are not mutually exclusive. I like the idea of some change - but then I'd re-arrange the furniture in our great room once a year if my wife wouldn't kill me.......

There could be 4 random photos - and then the Pic of the Month noted as such - and then 4 random photos.....then back to Pic of the Month........

How's that sound?

Best of both worlds.....

GN

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Dec 7 2019, 07:34 PM) *

My God it seems like a hundred years ago that I made the suggestion that the "914 Pic Of The Month" on the 914World Homepage should be replaced by a random display of pics of owners cars, yet we are still looking at the same image blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif . Even though a lot of members liked the idea, neither Andy or nor any of the admins ever piped in as to whether my suggestion was reasonable or doable. So....Admins, is it possible to use pics of cars sent in by owners as a random rotating image on the homepage in place of the usual pic of the month that requires voting..etc., and then sits on the homepage forever like aging cheese?? I think it would be entertaining and beneficial to see EVERYONE's cars! Is there any support for this out there?? Thank you.

Ansbacher

Chris914n6
The random pics would have to be purposely submitted into a separate folder on the server, or we'd all see stuff from the sandbox....

I suppose someone could hand pick the pics each month.

So there is some time involved.
cali914
I second that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.