Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latest project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gereed75
Here is the steering wheel I just completed.

I really liked the size of the Momo Tuner that I had on my car, so I decided to use that size on this build - 13.2" diameter. Used a center section of a -11 wheel that I picked up cheap at Hersey (no -10 wheels were harmed in the production of this piece).

hand Cut the rim from a piece of 1/8" thick steel, sandwiched it with two pieces of 1/2" thick low density PVC, carved to round with a .5" radius router bit.

welded the rim to the center, off set 3/4" up to get a bit more underwheel leg room and better gauge visibility.

Wrapped in 4mm adhesive backed foam and then hand cut and hand stitched the leather cover (cross stitch).

All pretty easy except the leather fitting and stitching. Anyone who thinks that $425 for Dallas custom to do it is expensive, think again - it is a bargain!!

Click to view attachment
BPic
Nicely done!!! clap56.gif
mepstein
Looks great!
Rob-O
Awesome!
914forme
What a great idea I really like that one, time to sell all my Momo stuff, and all the other wheels I have sitting around the shop.

drooley.gif
gereed75
Thanks guys

It was an idea swimming around in my head and I had been collecting up the stuff to do the hockey puck for a few years. It wasnt until the price came down to something reasonable for the puck parts that I put it all together and finally got motivated to do the rest.

Nothing wrong with a really nice vintage Protipo!
914forme
@Greed75 Nice combo gauge that I spied in the picture shades.gif Was that also your design?
Tbrown4x4
I just saw the cookies behind the wheel.

Great job on the steering wheel though. I bet it feels good in the hand.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914forme @ Dec 9 2019, 05:45 AM) *

@Greed75 Nice combo gauge that I spied in the picture shades.gif Was that also your design?

agree.gif nice clean arangement
gereed75
Stephen, You saw the combo gauge before in this thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=258558&hl=

Inspired by yours and Johns work. pray.gif Thanks

jmitro
wow, nice skills and looks great. beerchug.gif
aharder
Nice Job !! looks Great !! beerchug.gif

I can't wait until I can send mine to Dallas Custom
Front yard mechanic
Aww it's little
Retroracer
Awesome!!

#builtnotbought

- Tony
Mark Henry
thumb3d.gif For both the wheel and the gauge!
914forme
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Dec 9 2019, 11:00 AM) *

Stephen, You saw the combo gauge before in this thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=258558&hl=

Inspired by yours and Johns work. pray.gif Thanks

confused24.gif I see lots of stuff av-943.gif I forget at least 99.9999% of it.

Thanks for the gentle reminder
porschetub
Nice ,I like it ,on Pelican some time ago a guy did a similar thing using a 944 outer with 911 4 spoke centre.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.