Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB engine tin delete plugs Closes 12/31/19
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
These are the delete plugs used on the 914/6 to eliminate the rain tubes as there is no rain tray on it.

They are also used on the early cars including 73 from what I can see on PET

Stopper -73 1 914-4/1,7
for 914-2,0
Oil hose
And
Water drain sleeve
13 Stopper -73 2 914-6
for
Oil hose
And
Water drain sleeve

These are located in the Hell hole area and under the relay board.

I'll post pictures up Monday afternoon, but if you have holes there these are what should be plugging them They are not on the low point, but on the part sloping down.
Made from Nylon to the correct dimension like factory not a cheap plug that kind of fits

At $6 a pair who's in?
rick 918-S
assimilate.gif in for four
BeatNavy
Do you have a pic of what they are supposed to look like? I found something like what you're describing all covered in undercoating, so I thought maybe it was some sketchy repair the DAPO did or something. Glad to hear it may be legit.

What the hey, I'm in for at least a pair.
mb911
Me please
porbmw
In for a pair
THanks, Mark!
Paul
Mikey914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 9 2019, 05:01 AM) *

Do you have a pic of what they are supposed to look like? I found something like what you're describing all covered in undercoating, so I thought maybe it was some sketchy repair the DAPO did or something. Glad to hear it may be legit.

I'll post up shortly, but yes most of there are missing or covered over with crap if they are still there.

Just another part you didn't know you even needed biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif plus one more -73 where the six oil line goes through shelf to lower tank fitting,,, right side of pic.,If not a six..
johnlush
I'm in for 2 pair. -John
Mark Henry
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 9 2019, 11:33 AM) *

beerchug.gif plus one more -73 where the six oil line goes through shelf to lower tank fitting,,, right side of pic.,If not a six..

agree.gif That's one I'd definitely be interested in.
BPic
I’m in for a pair please!
RoadGlue
Running a GT lid, so I'm in. Thanks!
Lg914
Count me in for a set
rudedude
I'll take 2 sets
sbsix
In for a set.
johnhora
I'll take a pair...Thanks
bob164
I will take 4.
bdstone914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 9 2019, 07:01 AM) *

The originals I have are an opaque dome shaped cap plug. Can post a picture when I find them.
rgalla9146
here you go......and while your at it, how about the oval block-off ?
wish I had a better example....the only one I have has been tortured.
BeatNavy
Yes, cool, that's helpful. Those are definitely on my tin (covered up with a bunch of old undercoating, paint, and other crap). I'm glad those are stock and not evidence of some poorly done repair.

This GB comes at a good time. Yes, another part I didn't know I needed smile.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 9 2019, 03:37 AM) *

These are the delete plugs used on the 914/6 to eliminate the rain tubes as there is no rain tray on it.

They are also used on the early cars including 73 from what I can see on PET

Stopper -73 1 914-4/1,7
for 914-2,0
Oil hose
And
Water drain sleeve
13 Stopper -73 2 914-6
for
Oil hose
And
Water drain sleeve

These are located in the Hell hole area and under the relay board.

I'll post pictures up Monday afternoon, but if you have holes there these are what should be plugging them They are not on the low point, but on the part sloping down.
Made from Nylon to the correct dimension like factory not a cheap plug that kind of fits

At $6 a pair who's in?

I've never seen a 4cyl car with the hole for the oil hose under the relay board.
Superhawk996
Count me in
Mark Henry
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 9 2019, 07:39 PM) *

I've never seen a 4cyl car with the hole for the oil hose under the relay board.

This would be a /6 only part and /6 conversion guys need them as well, you have to cut the hole for the /6 tank return line. The grommet I have is cobbled together and now ripped.
Retroracer
4 for me pls

- Tony
Mikey914
I have on my 72 car. Both sides.

I haven’t been able to drive up to Taylor’s house as he’s storing it for me.

Definitely used for the oil lines on the sixes at the drivers side.
I suspect that with the PET description it occurs on the 73 also.
Mikey914
Confirmation On Taylors' 73 there are the holes for these. Had him take a shot for me this morning,
I know they are often missing or covered over with crap.
BeatNavy
Wow, the orientation of that pic is making me seasick. smile.gif

I'm definitely in for 2 pair, sooner the better! I've got a '72. Mine are NASTY.

Thanks, Mark.
sixnotfour
wacko.gif
eric914
I'm in for a set:)
defianty
A pair for me too please if there's a reasonable shipping option for something that small to the UK. Thanks.
gcrotvik
I'm in for 4.
mepstein
I’d like 3 pair. Thanks
drem914
I'm in for a pair.
ClayPerrine
In for 6 please.
Literati914
2 pair for me too.
IronHillRestorations
Put me down for 3 sets
Mikey914
GB PMs sent to all so for, parts are done and ready to ship. These are set up as individuals and it defaults to a set of 2

I'll keep open the GB til the endo of the year. There is a GB for trailing arm bushings that I will be ready to start PM'ing on Monday, so if you want to combine you can hold tight and we can ship in one order.

Thanks to all

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/s...and-body-panels
mepstein
I just ordered mine. beerchug.gif
Literati914
I received my set and just tried them .. and while I appreciate the efforts - unfortunately they sit too loose for my '72. Just looking at them in place, it looks like they are perfect, but lift with no resistance from underneath. Looks like I may have to bust out the glue sticks w00t.gif .
drem914
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Dec 21 2019, 03:30 PM) *

I received my set and just tried them .. and while I appreciate the efforts - unfortunately they sit too loose for my '72. Just looking at them in place, it looks like they are perfect, but lift with no resistance from underneath. Looks like I may have to bust out the glue sticks w00t.gif .

That sounds disappointing. At least they did not cost much.
Mikey914

I fitted these on my 72 and on Matts' 914/6 Shoot me some picc of what you have going on, as The model for these was my 72.
gandalf_025
I'll take a set and if possible ship them with the bushings in the other group buy..
PCH
Would these fit the two holes in the rear trunk?
Mikey914
QUOTE(PCH @ Dec 26 2019, 10:11 AM) *

Would these fit the two holes in the rear trunk?

Not sure which yoy are referring to.
Can you post a pic?
SKL1
In for 2 sets. Thx.
doug_b_928
I’ll take 1 pair. For shipping please include them in the box with my Black Friday preorder.
drem914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 22 2019, 08:09 AM) *

I fitted these on my 72 and on Matts' 914/6 Shoot me some picc of what you have going on, as The model for these was my 72.

Pulled my drain line hoses and rubber bushings yesterday.
Mine is a '75 and I have the plugs now in, but they basically sit in place with out any true resistance from below.
I don't know if while driving they will pop out. I actually wrapped some plumbers tape around the plug to get some resistance.
Inner lip needs to be a hair larger in diameter IMO. Might have been mocked up for sizing on a vehicle with a heavy prime or repaint in the engine bay.
Nice and clean though.
Mikey914
I was very surprised to hear people were having issues with these. I came to the bottom of the problem you can see in the videos

We took great care to replicate the correct plug for the 6. It did seem the 75 did have a slightly tighter fit

https://youtu.be/-YIWG_jCmMQ
Mikey914
914/6 application

https://youtu.be/n8rbGIjmp40
Rand
move to vendor forum?
Rand
I have stuff to sell but don't put it in the garage. Because it's not allowed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.