Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ohionegretes
Looking for left and right mirrors for my 1973, 914 1.7.
914Sixer
Automobile Atlanta has new ones.
mepstein
The reproductions are nice and available from most of the big vendors. If you want something used and cheaper, hit up the usual suspects.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Yes we do have new ones that are exactly like the 72 and up original factory units.

Funny, years ago everyone wanted to change the factory mirrors to the 80s look 911 flag style so installed tornado mirrors in the factory holes. We saved every factory take off and had at least a hundred of them. THEN the trend reversed and everyone wanted the factory mirrors, so ditched their tornados for our used factory ones. Eventually we ran out. Thankfully the new factory look mirrors are available

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 9 2019, 09:40 AM) *

The reproductions are nice and available from most of the big vendors. If you want something used and cheaper, hit up the usual suspects.

Coondog
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 9 2019, 09:05 AM) *

Yes we do have new ones that are exactly like the 72 and up original factory units.

Funny, years ago everyone wanted to change the factory mirrors to the 80s look 911 flag style so installed tornado mirrors in the factory holes. We saved every factory take off and had at least a hundred of them. THEN the trend reversed and everyone wanted the factory mirrors, so ditched their tornados for our used factory ones. Eventually we ran out. Thankfully the new factory look mirrors are available

Can’t tell a lie, I was that guy....... shades.gif
DickSteinkamp
One thing to keep in mind is that these mirrors work on both the left and the right sides. Just rotate the head in the direction needed. The downsides is that they all have flat mirrors. No concave mirror available new (to my knowledge). The right mirror becomes somewhat useless but at least fills the holes in the door (if you have them).

Used, "real" right side mirrors are out there, but scarce and expensive.

johnhora
some for sale here on 914world

http://914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=335203
mepstein
QUOTE(johnhora @ Dec 9 2019, 12:33 PM) *

The ad is a year old.
johnhora
His last post was:

6th October 2019 - 04:45 AM

http://914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=335203
914Sixer
Concave mirrors WERE available for the Swedish market. You can easily have one made at a glass shop.
ohionegretes
QUOTE(ohionegretes @ Dec 9 2019, 11:36 AM) *

Looking for left and right mirrors for my 1973, 914 1.7.

Thanks to everyone for the information I did find two from Atlanta will be purchasing those within the next couple months. Again thanks everyone for the info
Jett
The only other oddity with using left hand mirror on the right side is that the stock part number is upside down... I did this for some time until finding a stock passenger mirror.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.