Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: holiday freebee - Headlight pivot backing plates and hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
Free to first person who relies to this thread.
These are repro plates that are zinc plated with new allen head screws, washers and lock washers.

Paypay $8 to cover shipping. NO friends and family.
bdstone914@aol.com
malcolm2
Let me ask..... I recently added the LED headlights shown at Okteenerfest and kinda slap-assed assembled the carrier and cover for the HL. I suppose these bolts should be used to fine tune the level of "closed" that you want on your HLs?
bdstone914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Dec 11 2019, 10:08 AM) *

Let me ask..... I recently added the LED headlights shown at Okteenerfest and kinda slap-assed assembled the carrier and cover for the HL. I suppose these bolts should be used to fine tune the level of "closed" that you want on you HLs?

These would be used to adjust the headlight assembly in the headlight bucket. The should not have changed unless you removed the assemblies when installing the LEDs
Mitox
If still available, I’ll take them.

malcolm2
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 11 2019, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Dec 11 2019, 10:08 AM) *

Let me ask..... I recently added the LED headlights shown at Okteenerfest and kinda slap-assed assembled the carrier and cover for the HL. I suppose these bolts should be used to fine tune the level of "closed" that you want on you HLs?

These would be used to adjust the headlight assembly in the headlight bucket. The should not have changed unless you removed the assemblies when installing the LEDs

Yes I did remove them. The new HLs did not fit the Late Model brackets. There is a U-plate that grabs the big bolt when the lights are up at high speed. The design of the U-plate on the late model cars hits the back of the lamp. Specifically the cooling fins of the lamp. The early model design has clearance.

So I had to remove both swivel brackets, took the time to paint the inside of the buckets BLACK, reassembled and DAMMIT the light covers are not flush when closed. So I was confirming my slap-assed install. And warning folks with Late Model cars that buy those lights. I have a thread on here somewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.