Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennlist North East Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Hi all,
I just sent off a few messages on the rennlist email lists, but couldn't get into the BBS. I was hoping someone could post my message there and on the 356 list. TIA!

Also (and to my topic title) is anyone from the upper right coast interested in attending the event? If I get a positive responce, I'll be hosting it at my house in Burlington MA. Any idea on how long of a tour I should plan?

Thanks,
djm914-6
anyone? anyone? chowtime.gif
Brad Roberts
Not looking good.

How did the response go on "Rennlist" ??

B
Joe.D
How about a swap meeting instead of a tour?

I'm upper right coast (Southern Maine) and like most of us, always looking for some part or another
Brad Roberts
He's correct.

I NEVER hear of a East coast swap meet. We have them damn near every month in Nor Cal. Pomona swap meet happens every 6 weeks or something.

They are pretty easy to setup.... I'm sure I could get somebody some help with ads or "flyers" for a 914club sponsored swap meet.

B
ejm
East Coast SWAP MEET mueba.gif
mskala
Ed, I was going to mention that. I'm planning on going
to that, since there's nothing here but Hershey once a
year.

I'm forwarding Dave my list of locals and hopefully we'll
have a bunch of ramblers. beer.gif
cgnj
Hey,
how about 9/14 instead of 9/13
if im driving instead of rolling, I'll be there.

CGNJ
djm914-6
Actually, the rennlist posting went rather well. I've gotten many positive responces. I may indeed add to the official welcoming a note to bring what you want to sell or trade. Shoot, I have a few items myself.

I have seen a few swaps in the area, but nothing like CA. Maybe there just aren't as many CSOBs around these parts, so they all buy new? laugh.gif
tod914
Ponoma is quite impressive. but they do have east coast swap meets. Hershey Pa, had 2 in NJ here this year. Very small by ponoma standards but a swap meet none the less.
Then again, ponoma isnt exclusively porsche, or in our case hybrid vw's with porsche price tags tongue.gif
Brad Roberts
Just FYI:

Pomona.

B
crash914
Of course we could all meet at the track......NHIS 8/4 and 8/5 Lime Rock 9/11 or any of the other autocross dates........just bring stuff...Thoughts? herb
ChrisFoley
I'd love to see a swap meet up here. smile.gif

My schedule is full in September though.
tod914
Just FYI:

Pomona.

You mean they have a swap there as well?

Or possibly I typed it wrong. Let me write it down 10x and use it in a sentence. Pomona Pomona Pomona Pomona Pomona Pomona Pomona Pomona Pomona Pomona

See spot run to Pomona - thanks clap56.gif I think i got it now.
maf914
I think Jacksonville, FL, qualifies as the East coast. Or are you guys only talking North-East coast? Brumos Porsche has an annual Porsche swap meet in October. I haven't been to it because they always seem to schedule it the same weekend as the ALMS Petit Lemans at Road Atlanta which I like to attend. Could the fact that they run two DP cars in the Grand Am have anything to do with this schedule conflict? Nah! You'd have to be a skeptic to think that! tongue.gif

Mike
djm914-6
Plans and Directions

Arrive Time: 10:30 - 11:30
Swap parts and stories: 10:30 - 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 - 2:00
Ramble 2:00 - 3:00
Kimball's Ice Cream Carlisle (Route 225) 3:00 - Whenever

Address: 2 Olean Road Burlington MA 01803
Phone: 339/234-0575 Email: djm914-6@comcast.net

*** If you are planning on attending, please let me know (if not already done so) so I can plan on enough food and drinks. I will have a donation jar available and would appreciate any contributions to the event. If you know something and would like to hold a tech session, that would be great.

Directions from the North via 95/128
Exit #35 Winn Street Burlington
Right off exit
Stay Right at fork to end
Right at lights onto 3A
Past Car Wash on Right
Through Route 62 Lights
First Left (bear) onto County Road
Second Left onto Winona Road to end
Right onto Olean Road
Green Cape on Right - Corner Lot

Directions from the South via 95/128
Exit #33 Route 3A (second exit after passing mall on left)
Follow 3A (total of 7 lights) past: Porsche dealer on left
High School field on left
Town Common on right
Construction on Right / Papa Gino's on Left
Through Route 62 Lights
First Left (bear) onto County Road
Second Left onto Winona Road to end
Right onto Olean Road
Green Cape on Right - Corner Lot

Directions from North via Route 3
Exit 26 Route 62
Left off exit
Through two (2) lights
Follow 62 to SHARP left (Francis Wyman Road)
Right onto 3A/ 62 at end ('T' intersection)
Second Right onto County Road
Second Right onto Sumpter Road to end
Left onto Olean Road
Green Cape on Left - Corner Lot
boston914
I will be there with my '76.
Brad Roberts
Dave.. you are hardcore..

Helping guys out with their 914's (physically) and holding a get together... ones of these days I'll make a business trip to the east coast (actually have a race at Watkins Glen next month)

Good job. clap56.gif

B
TimT
Brad, I may be able to come up to the glen and help you out if you need a hand. Ill double check my sched to be sure, but if you need some help (race teams always do) Ill pm you my full name and put me on your list and Ill pic up my credentials and meet you in the paddock.

Last time I was at a grand am race they only let limited vehicles in per team, but I managed to hitch rides to the paddock.

I also know someadult entertaiment joints in Penn Yan and Canandaigua beer.gif
TimT
A 935 clone I helped build climbing the esses....

3.6 2 injectors/cylinder 800+hp

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Brad Roberts
I know we will need "some" help. Minor crap like a dead man for the fuel rig valve... fire extinguisher guy for when I put fuel in the car... timing/scoring person (prefer female from adult establishment from previous night)lol

B
TimT
Dunno if the females from NY's western tier can be counted on for timing/scoring. Between heat massages maybe LOL
ArtechnikA
Can't make this event, sorry ... way too much to do.
looked at the midwest get-together (another thread) and can't make that one either, it's the 911's debut autocross.

looking forward to meeting all the NE people at the East Coast Ramble tho.

i have a sponsorship check in the mail to you.

--------
"Pennsylvania - 250 years of tradition unhampered by progress..."
djm914-6
Just a reminder about the event. I have around 60 yes, maybe and will tries.

BTW Brad, your comment made my week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.