Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: OEM 914-6 oil tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
68911l
Let me know what you have.
mb911
I will have oem style reproduction ones available in a few months.
tailwind22
If you can wait, Ben's will be worthy. He restored a 6 tank of mine. Almost any you will find will be in pretty rough shape with pitting.
peteyd
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 11 2019, 04:48 PM) *

OEM style? Please elaborate. Will they be stamped? Or the ones that you have been making already?

I need one too...

Pete
Mark Henry
QUOTE(peteyd @ Dec 12 2019, 08:20 AM) *

OEM style? Please elaborate. Will they be stamped? Or the ones that you have been making already?

I need one too...

Pete

Are you going to do a /6?

You still have a /6 front mount hanging on the wall here...We both forgot to grab it this time. wink.gif
mb911
QUOTE(peteyd @ Dec 12 2019, 05:20 AM) *

I need one too...

Pete

@peteyd

I should clarify.. One of my part sources across the pond is stamping them along with new correct cast oil filter consoles.. I will be importing them in qtys shortly.. They will look just as oem

I will still make my fabbed ones for a cheaper alternative.
live free & drive
What materials? And what protections against corrosion if steel? (Copper plated?)
mepstein
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Dec 12 2019, 06:55 PM) *

What materials? And what protections against corrosion if steel? (Copper plated?)

Most of the new oil tanks coming from Dansk are not copper plated like the original ones. The feeling is the current paint should suffice and the additional cost of copper plating wouldn’t be price competitive. The RSR style tank is copper plated but cost quite a bit more. I haven’t seen the tanks that Ben is importing however, I’m very satisfied with his aluminum version.
raynekat
Dec 17
One on Ebay right now....not affiliated.
ric birks
I have one. PM sent.
porbmw
There is one on ebay right now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.