Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one bites the rust!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william harris
Got a call this morning from Eric (Partsman) wanting to know if I wanted to go for a drive to a local junk yard that had taken in a 914. So, here is what we found. Maybe Sam stromberg.gif is hiding # 4 in New Hampshire. lol2.gif flipa.gif
william harris
Car was last registered in 1986. Had Harvard University parking sticker on back glass. Not much here. But there is a perfect dash pad, not a single crack, and a very good plastic steering wheel.
william harris
Terminal rust from hell hole thru the longs. Floor pan was hanging down about three inches below rest of car. Been picked clean pretty much. Good door handles. Original jack in trunk (rusty) about twenty keys in trunk.
redshift
heh I want the dash..

Maybe this is the car we've all been looking for.

M
william harris
Front and rear bumpers were OK. How this for rust???
william harris
Here's something you don't see every day - when they dropped the car on the wooded platform they crushed a pretty good sized snake taking a nap. Where's PETA when you need them? lol2.gif
redshift
laugh.gif door gap... I can't catch my breath..

Jees dood... you couldn't get another snake with a 1000 914s!
william harris
Eric and I decided to call it a day. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Qarl
White headlight surrounds.... pretty rare.
URY914
I think that is #3. Don't tell Brad.

Did you pull the door handles off?

Paul
Lyressa Roberts
No, I think this one is in better shape than #4... laugh.gif
william harris
Eric and I didn't pull anything today. Guy wanted $20 for the headlight surrounds. Didn't ask about the other parts. Oh, the window glass, windshield and back glass were all good. Bitch to pull, like the dash pad. Have to get a real good deal to pull anything is such bad working conditions. This place is out in the woods in the middle of nowhere. happy11.gif
smpiers
I will take the headlight surrounds if you can get them.
let me know.
Thanks,
Shane Piers
Holland, MI
crash914
Ok, I will bite...where was it??

Heading south on Monday...... smilie_pokal.gif
crash914
O, I do know of a couple of good ones....

1 is at Jakes autobody (its his) in Derry across from Beaver lake on rt 102. I called him on it one day, he has problems keeping it running...I think it is a 1.8. Just sitting outside in the rain with the deck lid up.. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Body looks good from the road.

2 is at ali's used cars on rt 28 in Auburn, just up from the dump and down from the traffic circle. Don't know the condition.

Someone should snatch these.....as far as I know they are complete.
william harris
Junk yard in Plaistow, NH.
hargray2
I just threw away some white headlight surrounds. lol2.gif
Joe Bob
Headlight surrounds in white...geeez, paint them white.... cool_shades.gif
Joe Bob
Oh and....I've seen less curve on a bow....that thing NEEDS the railroad ties to keep from folding up. Rustworms are working over time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.