Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: upgrade fuse box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
I received my crane elec. ignition system and will deal with it this fall. OPINIONS wanted on the upgrade for fuse box, should I also buy that? How important do you all think it is to upgrade the fuse box???
porschetub
Won't be any advantage unless you like the shitty stoneage stock setup ,it won't fix any issues but will help with new contacts and modern fuses.
J West is the one I have,cheers.
rjames
I have a jwest fb that I bought 12 years ago when I bought the car. It’s still sitting in a box as I haven’t had a need to install it yet.
If it ain’t broke...
914Sixer
Clean the contacts, replace the fuses and get a new cover.
Coondog
Jwest
Click to view attachment
bbrock
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 15 2019, 05:18 AM) *

Clean the contacts, replace the fuses and get a new cover.

agree.gif I've never seen the problem with the original fuse box as long as contacts are clean and a good cover is in place.
mepstein
My favorite way to handle this is to have a spare panel, clean it with vinegar and then switch it in, wire by wire, to the cars fuse panel. Takes about 10 minutes.

Spend a couple dollars for new fuses and throw the old ones in a little bag in your glove compartment for when your 914 friends need a spare.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.