Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer rocker covers - reinstall!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william harris
So, I'm about to reinstall the new steel outer rocker covers. My old ones had serious problems with the rust worm. So I got a kit from AA (OK, flame on) because the old hardware was also pretty rusty. Came with 12 plastic rivets for the threshold area? WTF? When I removed the old covers they were held on with regular aluminum rivets. So, are the plastic rivets correct? Has anyone used them? Will plastic rivets hold as good as the aluminum ones? Anyone? idea.gif
tat2dphreak
plastic is stock, original... hold fine... my car still had orignals on it... I'll go back with screws or metal rivets though... I'm cheap.
william harris
Ok, I did not know that. Well, let's see how my rivet gun works with these plastic things. Post pics tomorrow. wavey.gif
smooth_eddy
Rocker covers need to be removed for inspection and cleaning. I am tired of drilling out the rivets so I just went to phillips sheet metal screws. Eddy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.