Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new video - clutch replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

Just in time for Xmas...a new video!

Clutch and pressure plate replacement. Including installing a new flywheel (wait till you see how trashed mine was) and checking crank end-play.

I didn't tear the engine down to rebalance all the rotating parts with the new flywheel, but this is only a street car, so...

Full disclosure – this is my first clutch replacement on a 914, so if anything is unclear or I did something more stupid than usual, please PM so I can revise. Sure, everyone will have their own way of doing things, but it's important to me that the information is correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1sDHWxTOxk

New short video series coming soon... 914s for Newbies. I've already got three episodes shot (VIN locations, The Hell Hole, special tools) and am planning ones about common rust areas and major model year differences. Any suggestions/requests welcome!

Stock up on popcorn[1].gif !

Ian
oldschool
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Dec 18 2019, 09:22 PM) *

Hi Guys,

Clutch and pressure plate replacement. Including installing a new flywheel (wait till you see how trashed mine was) and checking crank end-play.

I didn't tear the engine down to rebalance all the rotating parts with the new flywheel, but this is only a street car, so...

Full disclosure – this is my first clutch replacement on a 914, so if anything is unclear or I did something more stupid than usual, please PM so I can revise. Sure, everyone will have their own way of doing things, but it's important to me that the information is correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1sDHWxTOxk

New short video series coming soon... 914s for Newbies. I've already got three episodes shot (VIN locations, The Hell Hole, special tools) and am planning ones about common rust areas and major model year differences. Any suggestions/requests welcome!

Stock up on popcorn[1].gif !

Ian

Way to go!
ben*james
Nice Video! Keep it up, what a great resource for all of us.
Cheers
Superhawk996
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Dec 19 2019, 12:22 AM) *

Hi Guys,

WTF.gif Excellent video - nice production. And to top it off you have a 308 sitting in the background aktion035.gif

And to top all that off you just posted your AC on top of the engine kit?

Simply amazing.

Great job!
iankarr
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Dec 19 2019, 10:20 AM) *

QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Dec 19 2019, 12:22 AM) *

Hi Guys,

WTF.gif Excellent video - nice production. And to top it off you have a 308 sitting in the background aktion035.gif

And to top all that off you just posted your AC on top of the engine kit?

Simply amazing.

Great job!

Thanks all! This forum has given me so much, it’s my pleasure to offer something in return.
Hawk...glad you like the 308. What do you mean about AC on top of the engine?
76-914
Another great Video, Ian. beerchug.gif
iankarr
Thanks Kent. Means a lot coming from someone as knowledgeable as you.

Quick favor to ask from my World brothers and sisters...,can you please subscribe to my channel? Trying to get over 1000 subscribers before the end of the year and I’m only a few hundred away. Thanks!
Superhawk996
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Dec 19 2019, 10:32 AM) *

What do you mean about AC on top of the engine?

Doh. headbang.gif Old age getting to me. For some reason I thought this was your work

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=222941

Looks like it was @dlee6204 . I haven't decided if I'm doing AC or not. I need to figure out a clean way to run the lines though the tunnel if possible. If I can do that, I have my eye on this setup that wouldn't require butchering the shelf and the engine tin.

Great work from both of you!!!
Superhawk996
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Dec 19 2019, 11:33 AM) *

Quick favor to ask from my World brothers and sisters...,can you please subscribe to my channel? Trying to get over 1000 subscribers before the end of the year and I’m only a few hundred away. Thanks!

Done!
Rob-O
Subscribed.
iankarr
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the subscriptions. If everyone who watched this last one subscribed, I'd be over the 1K goal. Hint hint!
73-914
Subscribed
BeatNavy
Me too, thanks for doing these videos, Ian.

First channel I've "subscribed to" so I don't know what happens now. But I'm ready and unafraid.

Oh, and I just put a new clutch in with the rebuilt engine, so I really don't need the actual video any time soon. On the other hand, if I keep letting my daughter drive the teener to learn stick like today, I may need a new clutch in a week or two blink.gif
jesse7flying
Subbed.
bdstone914
@BeatNavy
' date='Dec 20 2019, 04:27 PM' post='2771184']
Me too, thanks for doing these videos, Ian.

First channel I've "subscribed to" so I don't know what happens now. But I'm ready and unafraid.

Oh, and I just put a new clutch in with the rebuilt engine, so I really don't need the actual video any time soon. On the other hand, if I keep letting my daughter drive the teener to learn stick like today, I may need a new clutch in a week or two blink.gif
[/quote]

You will just get notifications when he posts a new video. And spam. Lots of spam. Lol
tvdinnerbythepool
Already subscribed!

Watched/completed front bearings today following video guidance, and a few weeks back did the front control arm bushings!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.