Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heater hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smooth_eddy
How do I get the new heater hoses back on? The old ones are paper with aluminum inners. The new ones are all aluminum and the hose seems to be the same size as the opening on the heat exchangers and fitting that goes thru the longs. Did I buy the wrong size? Eddy
ejm
The original hoses are cloth like with a rubber coating and have a spiral wire inside to maintain the shape of the hose. As the engine rocks on its mounts there is quite a bit of movement between the heater outlet and the long. I think you may have the wrong type of hose for this location.
rhodyguy
did you buy them from a vw shop? if you did they are probably for type1.

k
smooth_eddy
I did buy the hose from a VW shop. They said it was a 911 part #. It does seem like it is about an 1/8" smaller than what I took off. The orig is hard to measure because it is so beat up.
rhodyguy
bow wow? you're going to be shocked when you price out the "correct" tubing at one of the usual vendors. hope you can return what you bought.

k
smooth_eddy
bow wow?

Yep, it was Bow Wow.........Just trying to give a local biz some business.

Heck, I thought $7.57 was a lot for 6" of hose. Guess I'll be duct taping up the old one for a while anyway. Thanks, Eddy
rhodyguy
$7.57 for 6 inches? ohmy.gif oh, you mean 6'. whew biggrin.gif

k
smooth_eddy
$7.57 for 6 inches?  oh, you mean 6'. whew  

$7.57 for six inches..............

I bet that means I can expect $757.oo from AA???, Plus too much for shipping????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.