Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting 914-6 conversion on Ebay. What's it worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Porsche-914/2...YEAAOSwJcNd-QS-

Looks pretty nice excepting the wheels and mirrors.
3.2 with flares and a lot of nice accoutrements wink.gif

Nearly $70k ????

What say thou?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bretth
I saw this on the local Craigslist here. Have no knowledge of it though. I hate when listings include no photos of the engine what so ever. The motor could be an oily, leaky mess with broken head studs for all anyone would know.
ClayPerrine
I know.
The car belongs to Mike Floyd here in the DFW area. He posts on here occasionally.

That is a frame off rotisseree restoration, and everything is done right. The engine is a Euro 3.2. No broken head studs, no oily mess, just an excellent running and driving 914. Interior is leather. Power windows. Everything is done to a 10/10ths standard.

I would call it a civilized version of my six conversion. I would buy it, but I don't have a place to park it inside.

ClayPerrine
From Mike:

1974 914 6 Conversion
Rotisserie, bare metal body work for repaint. It is not perfect. If you want to go to Pebble Beach, keep looking, but it is a virtual rust free chassis. Antenna hole welded up and I can't bring myself to drill another! The paint has some chips and bug bites but is quite presentable.
Steel flares butt welded
Chrome bumpers redone about 4 years ago with fresh bumper tops.
17x7.5 and 17x9 on rear with Michelin Pilot tires less than 2 years old. For you "Fuch-er lovers", I will include a set of 16x8/7 wheels
Aluminum cross member,20mm(turbo 911) front sway and stock 914 sway bar in rear, 19mm 911 front torsion bars, 150lb springs on coilover adjustable rear shocks, Boxster brakes with functioning parking brake on rear, Shocks replaced with body work, suspension bushings sized in front and rear suspension, Stainless steel fuel lines replaced factory plastic lines thru the cabin. 901 side shift, LSD, billet intermediate plate, etc in good shape.
Getty 5 gauge dash, leather upholstery, German square weave carpet less than a year old, Fiberglass door panels recovered, Blaupunkt is NOS 1973 or so, AM only which was modified on the inside for AM/FM or memory stick with 40 amps of power to each of the four channels, face of radio looks absolutely stock. Windshield is almost new. ECU under the passenger seat.
Driving lights have separate circuit breaker with 8 ga. wire to front and the solenoid is switched by the stock system which takes the amperage load off the stock system. Some new LED lights would remove the load problem and would be my next thing to tackle if I was going to keep it. Those big driving lights get hot!
Euro, 930/20, 3.2 with stock 10.3 compression pistons, Web 20/21 cam, chipped, B&B SS headers with heat and 1 3/4" primaries, rally 2 in/2 out muffler. Stock oil tank and location. Auxiliary Mocal oil cooler under rear of car with thermostat, and fan. Original 6 front motor mount, A/C mount on engine, but no compressor, Wes Hildreth, H&H Enterprises Plano,TX, disassembled the engine about 8 years ago to inspect, repair and replace as required. Wes was the dealership's "bench mechanic" who rebuilt engines and transmissions for the Porsche store here in Dallas and then opened his own shop. God called Wes home about 4 years ago. Car is good to go anywhere and will go there very, very quickly for a 914 and enjoys the reliability of the 3.2 stock fuel injection.
Car has not been tracked for DE or raced. I had a vintage 914 E production car I raced with CVAR for over a decade to satisfy my aggression and testosterone issues!! This car is a nice high speed cruiser. Fifth Gear in Denton did a 4 wheel alignment a couple years back and corner balanced it. I turn 70 soon and health is an issue. I will purchase something abit higher off the ground with air conditioning and a warranty. This is the last of 5 P cars to go and it will be hard.
ClayPerrine
I have a bunch of pictures if you want me to post them.
Cairo94507
That looks to be a top drawer 914-6 conversion. Would I change a couple cosmetic things, sure. But that car is good to go as is and whom ever is luck enough to buy it will no doubt love it. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
rgalla9146
Beautiful car.
Must be alot of fun !
914werke
I like the cup 1's not so much the mirrors
sixnotfour
I need a decibel reading reading of the interior at 75 mph...to even consider... slap.gif poke.gif chair.gif driving.gif driving.gif
SKL1
Looks pretty nice and though I'm a rose petal Fuchs guy, those wheels look pretty good. I had them on a 964 way back when and always liked them.
Not a fan of a 5 gauge dash on a 914 though- just not right IMHO. But wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.
ClayPerrine
I just sent Mike a PM asking him to post pictures of the engine.

@old914dog

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.