Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High priced 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
Craigslist 2.0

I think this person is going to learn a hard lesson about the 914 market, and how one never sees a fraction of the money you sink into a restoration. What's your guess on what this will finally sell for?
joeav8tor
what is on the rear bumper? a rack? there are no pics of the interior, hell hole, and battery tray area...doesnt say how many original miles the car has...if it was a low miles (documented) car, with original paint (a plus) he would probably get that....about 3 months ago on evilbay there was a delphi green metallic with low miles (supposedly documented) and I believe speaker hole cut outs in the door panel that sold for around 14,100 dollars. I dont doubt with more pics that he could get that kind of cash.
Joe idea.gif
TravisNeff
Looks like an average "nice" 914, He's getting close to 10g's too much on the price on the pictures given.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (joeav8tor @ Jul 2 2005, 06:41 PM)
what is on the rear bumper? a rack?

the (in)famous AMCO 'overrider' bar.
direct from the VWoA acessories pamphlet.
redshift
ohmy.gif

It's gotta be worth it! I love the stupid overrider! If it had a front one, it'd be worth $100 million.

M
anthony
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jul 2 2005, 04:21 PM)
Looks like an average "nice" 914, He's getting close to 10g's too much on the price on the pictures given.

You can't tell that from the pictures posted. If it is truely has 20K miles on a high quality restoration I'd say the car is worth $10K.
lapuwali
QUOTE (anthony @ Jul 2 2005, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jul 2 2005, 04:21 PM)

You can't tell that from the pictures posted. If it is truely has 20K miles on a high quality restoration I'd say the car is worth $10K.

It doesn't say 20K miles since the resto, it says he SPENT $20K ON the resto.

I'd say $8K. He might get more on Ebay, and maybe he'd even get $15K, but if so, I'm going into the 914 restoration business.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 2 2005, 04:14 PM)
ohmy.gif

It's gotta be worth it! I love the stupid overrider! If it had a front one, it'd be worth $100 million.

M

Has anybody reead the papar today?

Looks like the Unibomber escaped.....
anthony
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jul 2 2005, 06:04 PM)
It doesn't say 20K miles since the resto, it says he SPENT $20K ON the resto.

Sorry, I misread it. Still, I think it's possible to get $10K out of a $20K restoration. You just can't tell the condition of the car from these little digital pics.
redshift
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 2 2005, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 2 2005, 04:14 PM)
ohmy.gif

M

Has anybody reead the papar today?

Looks like the Unibomber escaped.....

huh.gif

I hope they catch him.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.