Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: drives like a go kart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I thought I would never say it, but this 914 drives like a go kart! The combination of the low front end, wide tires, dual weber carbs, smaller steering wheel, tangerine racing shifter, and big bore 1.8 engine, and big braking kit all make for a high revving, quick shifting, twitching handling, go kart like feel. FUN AS HELL!Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
Don't knock a good kart, we have a track in the back yard!
sixnotfour
about time you caught up........ driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif welcome.png
oakdalecurtis
Click to view attachment

piratenanner.gif
KELTY360
This sounds like an ad shades.gif .How much are you selling it for?

Put it in the classifieds.
barefoot
Mine rides like a kart, way too stiff front inserts. no suspension travel AT ALL.
No, it doesn't have KYB shocks. Gotta replace those inserts !!
brcacti
Forgive me BUT I thought they all reminded us of fancy go carts
dr914@autoatlanta.com
This is a customers car, that he truly loves.

Don't get me wrong, I am a constant ad for every 914 out there. 914s have been my life and I want everyone to own and enjoy one. Tell all of your friends

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 21 2019, 10:08 AM) *

This sounds like an ad shades.gif .How much are you selling it for?

Put it in the classifieds.

burton73
I have been saying this from 1978 on. Getting a ride in a real 6 with a 3.0 back then. In the city of Burbank, me in passenger seat, Ricky a very good driver takes a right turn at 50 MPH. I just held on and like a go cart!

Bob B
driving-girl.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
Unobtanium-inc
The only thing I've found is it's a lot easier to flip a kart, than a 914. And they tend to fog for awhile after you flip them, ask Max about that.
TheCabinetmaker
So much bullshit.
TravisNeff
Good looking car. I like how the fuchs are finished.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we are also here as well to answer, at any time, any 914 tech question you may have. Those are usually most dry even though we try to spice it up. So adding a bit of veriety is good especially for the younger men here on the forum

QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Dec 21 2019, 11:22 PM) *

So much bullshit.

KELTY360
Don’t forget, you’re primarily here to hype your business.
altitude411
agree.gif

that's the only reason he's here ( also to keep the air pressure up on his ego), and we are reminded of it at least 5 times each day. barf.gif

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 28 2019, 02:53 PM) *

"we are also here as well to answer, at any time, any 914 tech question you may have. Those are usually most dry even though we try to spice it up. So adding a bit of veriety is good especially for the younger men here on the forum"

blink.gif FYI If you're looking for "veriety" in young men you are visiting the wrong forum...go play with your train... sheeplove.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
just ashamed that we have 914 enthusiasts in the group who are always so negative and enjoy putting people down. The 914 is my life and I consider myself its biggest enthusiast, cheerleader and preservationist. I truly want everyone to own and enjoy these cars and never have a bad word to say about it. Sure I have a business dealing with 914s since 1978, but that is because I loved the car dearly and when no one else liked them (especially Porsche people) except the 116,000 people who purchased them.
Our parts business now is mostly Cayenne, but forever I will love the 914, drive them every day, and have my collection until the day I die.

Cheer up you old naysayers, negative attitude, absolutely RUDE (have really never experienced such crude and rude individuals as I have on this site) and please start being positive, polite, and optimistic. You would be amazed at how much better your life would be. George Hussey
Larmo63
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 28 2019, 01:53 PM) *

we are also here as well to answer, at any time, any 914 tech question you may have. Those are usually most dry even though we try to spice it up. So adding a bit of veriety is good especially for the younger men here on the forum

Oh, like the two times when YOU personally hung up on me when I had an issue with your shitty bait and switch parts that you sell on eBay?

Then you blocked me so I couldn't even contact you through their site?

Is that what you mean George?

bs.gif

finger.gif
URY914
This went down hill quick. happy11.gif
oakdalecurtis
Hello George,
Every time I have called you in the last 20 years of my 914 ownership, you have been nothing but KIND AND HELPFUL TO ME and I wanted to thank you for that. There are two sides to every story. I would think that the 914 community has benefitted GREATLY from your participation and business with us. I know from Yelp that it’s easy to hear just the complaints, as the many satisfied customers don’t often comment. George, please don’t get in a funk over the few disgruntled folks, it comes with any business.
Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR, and thank you again for being there for us!
Rusty
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 28 2019, 05:19 PM) *

And it ends now.

I don't care what someone thinks of the OP. We don't shit in other people's threads around here. So please stop.
Beeliner
It seems every hobby has a dedicated core that holds the entire enterprise together...

George: thanks for your dedication...

& Happy New Year! pray.gif
Unobtanium-inc
Being in the business and being into the cars is a rough spot to be in. No matter what, someone is going to hate on you because no matter how much you are into the cars, at the end of the day there is always that guy who sees you as a parasite on the community because you are making money on something most people just like.
jagalyn
QUOTE(Rusty @ Dec 28 2019, 04:13 PM) *

And it ends now.

I don't care what someone thinks of the OP. We don't shit in other people's threads around here. So please stop.

Well said Rusty. Let’s get back to having some fun.
Coondog
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Dec 28 2019, 05:14 PM) *

And it ends now.

And eat a bowl of Rusty’s Chili...... poke.gif stirthepot.gif poke.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 28 2019, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(jagalyn @ Dec 28 2019, 05:14 PM) *

And it ends now.

And eat a bowl of Rusty’s Chili...... poke.gif stirthepot.gif poke.gif

I am NOT Eating his Chili... real Chili does NOT have beans in it. slap.gif mad.gif
mlindner
+1 Beeliner.
EdwardBlume

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Some things around here just never change. Thank God.
PanelBilly
I think go carts drive like 914s
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.