Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Rear Valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gms
A friend has a parts book dated 6/70 and it shows a vented rear 914/6 valance.
I have seen them before but I always thought they were owner modified.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Another one of those interesting facts that pop up. I wonder if they are any left in Germany? NOS 1980 catalog has only 1 listing for later notched, NO porthole valances or vented ones listed.
mepstein
Pat Garvey mentioned it a couple years ago but I don’t think anyone had one in the flesh.
sixnotfour
confused24.gif
RARE 6
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 21 2019, 01:16 PM) *

confused24.gif

Not uncommon to drill holes or louver them for venting/cooling at the track back in the 70s and 80s. Don't recall ever seeing a factory-done one.
a9146luvr
i wonder if the parts book is an accurate representation of the actual part? notice they start at the exhaust opening and no structural spaces in the "slats".
76-914
QUOTE(a9146luvr @ Dec 21 2019, 03:17 PM) *

i wonder if the parts book is an accurate representation of the actual part? notice they start at the exhaust opening and no structural spaces in the "slats".

If those louvere's are drawn (stamped and flanged a bit in the process) that would take care of any reinforcement issues wouldn't it? confused24.gif
rgalla9146
Very 356 Carrera ish
The visible muffler on a 6 or a GT isn't exactly a great style cue.
For a hot road car this would be nice heat release and a decent style / modesty answer.
Never saw it before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.