Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Bee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
texmick7
Looking for suggestion or advice
Just getting started on my one owner (ME) 1972 914-4 22k miles Bought new at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport from ShipSideShowRoom 1972. Drove it down to Monaco for the GP and back to Amsterdam. She was shipped to the Port of Jacksonville Fl driven home to Atlanta. She was my daily ride for a few years. In 1974 pulled off the street got my SCCA ticket and tried her out in Show Room Stock. She did well in the school race in Plam Beach beating out D-Sports Racers. But at Road Atlanta, she didn't have the legs or the brakes. So I found an engine builder and pulled the engine. Need more HP. Pulled the Fuel injection and was torn down for bigger Jugs and Hi Compression Pistons. Polished and ported, Magnafluxed & Balanced. The Fly was turned down 12 Lbs. Added 48 IDA Webbers (A mistake) Kept the 1.7 Crank and did not do anything with the Cam. (Two more mistakes) There were no Kits back then and with no internet none that I could find. The throttle linkage was a problem that ended up with a modified 912 bar. She Dynoed out at just under 124 HP. I took her to back to the SCCA and campaigned her in E Production rather unsuccessfully, not because of the car, she was quick and was clocked at just over 140 MPH at Atlanta. The problem was the driver as he was preoccupied with a divorce. Money for travel and racing gear was drying up fast. So she was put back on the street. Which was a handful with those carbs. Lots of trouble with the police in the area. Got moved to Miami Head Quarters with EASTERN AIRLINES saved me.
Literati914
..So, getting started? Did you keep the same 914 all these years since your last racing efforts and just pack it away some place? Are you planning a track car again or street? BTW - I notice that your location shows Colleyville (N. Texas) piratenanner.gif , but then your post mentioned Miami (etc.). Are you in the MetroPlex?
ClayPerrine
Dude......

You are literally right next door to us. I am in Hurst, but the house across the street is in Colleyville.

There is a Maverick Region event this morning called "Motoring Mavs at Mayos". It's at Mayo Performance in Euless. I will be there with the 4.0l car. It starts at 9:11 and Mayo Performance is on Bacarract Court in Euless.

If you can't make that, PM me. I would love to see your car!

Clay
scottthephotog
welcome.png

I'm over in Euless, just east of Colleyville. I actually work in Colleyville. In addition to the 3rd Saturday of ever month meet at Mayos, the Mav's and Mochas meet is in Southlake this month. It's on Saturday, January 4th at the Starbucks in Southlake Town Square.

Here's a link to the PCA region calendar.
http://mav.pca.org/Calendar/?year=2020&month=Jan

Hope to see you and your car one of these days!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.