Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil catch can
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brooks944
Hi everyone, happy holidays! I have a ‘74 1.8 that has been rebuilt with twin Weber’s, cam, etc. I had one of our great senior members help with some carb Click to view attachmentissues and he suggested I need an oil catch can for the outlet where the oil filler vent used to go to the FI. I bought one of them and not sure where it should be mounted, plus it has an inlet and outlet. Where does the outlet line go? Your pictures would be very helpful. Appreciate any guidance!

Thanks, Rick
barefoot
I got this probably off Amazon, could have been local FLAPS also.
it needs to be not very tall as vertical space is limited. Bottom goes to oil vent at filler & vapors go to top of carb air cleaner. It had 2 extra ports I just capped.
So far with about 50 miles on new build, haven't seen any oil collect in the tubes.

Click to view attachment
brooks944
Thanks. How did you cut the hole for venting into the air cleaner? Not sure I want to do that. Any other suggestions and pictures out there from other members?

Thanks again!
Ansbacher
Here's what mine looks like using a Claude's Buggies catch box with Dual Dellorto 40 carbs. The hoses connect as follows:

Oil Filler Neck to Catch Box
Catch Box to Driver Side Carb Air Cleaner
Catch Box to Driver Side Port adjacent to Intake Base
Catch Box to Passenger Side Port adjacent to Intake Base

Ansbacher

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
brooks944
Thanks! I already bought a catch can, and it has one inlet and one outlet. Can I vent the outlet below the car and not connect to either carb air filter?
mtndawg
I have this hose out where the rain tube goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.