Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wants to buy JLO's 2.2 eng/tranny?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Okay folks. Next week I'll post in the classifieds...but I'm just about ready to start the V8 conversion on JLO and need to find a home for the eng / tranny combo.

I'm gauging interest for the following:

2.2 liter (per previous owner, not verified) 4 cylinder with Dell's.
5 speed 901. Clutch and synchro's seem to be in good shape.
HE's with a Monza exhaust.

I'm thinking about $1900 for the set unplugged. The motor/trans will come with EVERYTHING still on it (motor mount, carbs, plugs, wires, exhaust).

I will offer the prospective buyer the option of thrashing the drivetrain in JLO before I pull it. You can pay for a mechanic to inspect. Whatever you want. I'll then pull the combo and you can pick it up. If you are local I will deliver.

I live in Campbell, CA 95008.

If no one local wants it, I'll then open it up for shipment. I still have the pallet that my V8 and trans was delivered on from RH.

Anyone interested?

I don't want to upset any admins...this is talking in the garage about someone local doing something easy. Let me know if I should move this to the classifieds. If someone can be up and running with a plug and play....I'll help them out.

Thanks,

Bill P.
tat2dphreak
is it running? how many miles on it?
nine14cats
The motor and tranny are running fine. No recorded mileage, but it doesn't burn oil and there is plenty of power. Craig Laughlin (Boxstr) used to use JLO for his Auto-X fix.... laugh.gif

I don't want it in my garage for any length of time.... cool_shades.gif

Bill P.
tat2dphreak
if it runs good... 1900 is a good price... the tranny would be worth about 100 and I bought a great 2056 with 1500 miles on the rebuild for 2k last year... and if the carbs are included... they are probably worth $500 easy... some people LOVE their Dells.. .I dunno. if the H/Es are stainless 2.0 shape, they are worth a bit of coin too... I paid $100 for my SSI set, they are 1.7 shaped though... I think 2.0s go for more... though I have NO IDEA why... they are the same diameter as the 1.7s in SSI form... non stainless H/Es aren't worth much though...

so, yea, I'd say 1900 would be a great deal for someone...
redshift
When would this be happening?

M
rhodyguy
have ron ship the stuff up here miles. we'll install it in a garage that doesn't need ac. oops your car is in geeorgia. fyi, there is a shop that builds lots of high end custom guitars in tacoma. we'll go poach some maple burls and make some real coin.

k
LukeD
3 stud heads? can i bolt my 2 liter FI on it?

Luke
lapuwali
The 2.0 D-Jet wouldn't work with a 2.2 regardless of whether or not it fit physically. Carbs or PEFI are all that will work.
Trekkor
Bill, this is the deal of the century.
If I had the dough, I'd buy it as "back up".

KT
boxstr
Bill Send it up here. I can use it in something.
CCLINMOTORME
redshift
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jul 2 2005, 08:20 PM)
have ron ship the stuff up here miles. we'll install it in a garage that doesn't need ac. oops your car is in geeorgia. fyi, there is a shop that builds lots of high end custom guitars in tacoma. we'll go poach some maple burls and make some real coin.

k

Mmmm! Poached maple burls!

chowtime.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.