Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anti-roll bar Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rog914
Getting ready to install a Smart Racing anti-roll bar(front). But not exactly sure how to install. Do i center the bearing mount to the "cresent" or should it be a little higher or lower? Plus the backing ring will not fit unless you cut some sheet metal from the inside where the gas tank was.

Has anybody else installed one of these anti-roll bars?

Any info will be a great help,

Thanks, Ralph

74 2.0
Trekkor
I'm your guy! wink.gif

Just a minute...

I have all the pictures, too.

KT
Trekkor
Here:Install thread

What size bar are you installing?
I'm using the 31mm...( yes ). ohmy.gif

KT
Trekkor
Also take note of this: Like you said.
You must relieve the area inside of the inner fender well under the fuel tank.
I just pushed it aside with my air chisel. ( don't look if you are offended ) wink.gif

Also, when you slide the bar through the fender well bearings for the first time and the bar binds up a bit.
Pull the bar out towards one side or the other and leaving it still inserted through the one side, use the bar as a lever to slightly tweak the fender well until the bearings are alligned. Only takes a moment or two.

Have fun...

Six hour job. Use spray lithium grease, too.

KT

Oh yeah, one more thing. Make sure the kit you have has two spacers for each side as this kit, which works on the 914, is designed for the narrower 911.
Trekkor
Hi! Me again unsure.gif

Use the supplied drop link to "A-Arm" mounting bracket, not the stock sway bar mounts that may be on your car now.

I had mine on the stock brackets until one of the SRP guy's was at the a/x and told me to use the parts they provided. I had 'em with me and he helped me with the install.

Something about better geometry and it being less likely to break off the car. rolleyes.gif

KT
KenH
Trekkor,

Looks like you should put in Turbo-tie rods.

Ken
Rog914
Thanks Trekkor for the info & pics.

I'm installing there 20mm bar. It's going to be mainly a street driven teener.

I'm finally putting all the stuff I've acumulated over the past 2 years on the car.

Thanks again for the quick responce.

Ralph

White 74 2.0 soon to have all gray interior
Trekkor
put in Turbo-tie rods

I did...And I love 'em. wink.gif

Hope that helps, Ralph.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.