Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to 914 World
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ontopcop
Hello from Texas. New owner of a '73 914 1.7, I look forward to all the info I hope and pray to get from the forum, and hope I can help out someone else along the way as well.Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
welcome.png
Mikey914
Welcome, looks like you new purchase has had some upgrades already.
Mark welcome.png
ndfrigi
Welcome to 914world. Looks like the car is familiar to me and is it originally from CA (Socal)?
porschetub
welcome.png looks like you are off to a good start biggrin.gif .
Tdskip
Welcome!
ClayPerrine
welcome.png

We are happy you are here. Tell me, Texas is a big place... what part are you from?

Clay

(In Hurst, Texas.... near DFW Airport)
ontopcop
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 23 2019, 12:12 PM) *

Mark welcome.png

Yes, she has some suspension upgrades. Real happy with the purchase.
ontopcop
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2019, 01:17 PM) *

welcome.png

We are happy you are here. Tell me, Texas is a big place... what part are you from?

Clay

(In Hurst, Texas.... near DFW Airport)

Yes, Texas is quite big... Im in Fort Worth
ontopcop
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 23 2019, 12:16 PM) *

Welcome to 914world. Looks like the car is familiar to me and is it originally from CA (Socal)?

Thank you. Yes, the car did come from Cali. The guy I bought it from said so anyway.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ontopcop @ Dec 23 2019, 12:01 PM) *

Mark welcome.png

is this your set up?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ontopcop
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 23 2019, 02:04 PM) *

Mark welcome.png

is this your set up?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That orange rear coil looks familiar.
ontopcop
QUOTE(ontopcop @ Dec 23 2019, 02:11 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 23 2019, 02:04 PM) *

Mark welcome.png

is this your set up?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That orange rear coil looks familiar.

I must admit, I bought her in the rain, and its rained since I brought her home. Today we finally have decent weather, I hope to do a lil more investigating over the holidays. was this your car? I bought it from a super nice Aussie on Johnson City, Texas
campbellcj
welcome.png

Welcome! Looks like maybe Phoenix Red?
ontopcop
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 23 2019, 02:17 PM) *

welcome.png

Thank you, she might be red after she's buffed. Going back to orange!
burton73
welcome.png

No need to pray for help. People on the world are happy to give.

WElcome welcome welcome to the world

Bob B
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ontopcop @ Dec 23 2019, 12:20 PM) *

welcome.png

Should be Signal Orange

Click to view attachment
ontopcop
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 23 2019, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(ontopcop @ Dec 23 2019, 12:20 PM) *

welcome.png

Should be Signal Orange

Click to view attachment

That's her
ontopcop
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 23 2019, 03:41 PM) *

WOW, small world. Thanks for showing me pics
brcacti
I like the wheels and chrome bumpers wish mine had chrome bumpers. Welcome to 914 world
jesse7flying
Wow, those longs look a lot better than my project. Welcome to the insanity, lol. I'm down in Burleson. Would love to see it in person.
Cheers--Jesse
ontopcop
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Dec 23 2019, 03:58 PM) *

Wow, those longs look a lot better than my project. Welcome to the insanity, lol. I'm down in Burleson. Would love to see it in person.
Cheers--Jesse

Glad to be a part of it. Glad to show someday. I visit Busy Bee bakery on the traffic circle in fort worth a lot, nice rides there on any given Sunday am (before 10)
ndfrigi
message me your phone number so we can exchange messages and share
you more pics.
Cairo94507
welcome.png Welcome to the madness. Looks like a pretty nice car to start with. What are your plans for it?

This is the best car forum I have ever belonged to, and I have belonged to quite a few. Lots of extremely talented people with a lot of experience and knowledge they are willing to share to help others.

The best advise I can think of is that before you do anything, other than a thorough cleaning, is to read as much as you can in all of the forums to learn as much as possible about these little gems. Good luck with your journey, welcome to the World and Merry Christmas. beerchug.gif Michael
ontopcop
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 23 2019, 04:18 PM) *

welcome.png Welcome to the madness. Looks like a pretty nice car to start with. What are your plans for it?

This is the best car forum I have ever belonged to, and I have belonged to quite a few. Lots of extremely talented people with a lot of experience and knowledge they are willing to share to help others.

The best advise I can think of is that before you do anything, other than a thorough cleaning, is to read as much as you can in all of the forums to learn as much as possible about these little gems. Good luck with your journey, welcome to the World and Merry Christmas. beerchug.gif Michael

Thank You for the "welcome", my plans for the car are to drive her as is and slowly start the body work to get a solid color on her (orange). I was very fortunate that this car has had a lot of work done to her.
Coondog

Congrats lots of info on this site for-sure.
76-914
welcome.png Nice Christmas present! And it seems that you have most everything you need for the DJet FI system. That MPS (the silver canister the looks like a grenade) which is the Heart of DJet may need to be calibrated and we've got a couple of guys here that can do that. From what I can see the shell looks good and that's important. You'll catch some Flak about those KYB rear shocks but you can replace those at any time. Take lots of pics and don't be afraid to ask questions. beerchug.gif
aharder
welcome.png Congrats !!! beerchug.gif
I'm over in East Dallas biggrin.gif
cary
welcome.png

Let the fun begin. Looks to be a nice car.
rick 918-S
welcome.png
iankarr
welcome.png ...and to the addiction (cue evil laugh sound FX)
Jett
welcome.png
TargaToy
Welcome to the world!

I would definitely drive it "as is" for a while. It's just "ratty" (pardon the expression) enough that you won't stress when the flock of birds finds you or somebody leans on it. Nice paint can come later. I love the patina, actually.
tvdinnerbythepool
welcome.png

Amazing community on here with years of knowledge shared daily. I'm almost 2 years into my money pit and love every minute of it!

BENBRO02
welcome.png
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

I like the orange! aktion035.gif
scottthephotog
welcome.png

Good to see another Texan here. I'm over in Euless by DFW airport.

Beautiful car. I hope to see it one of these days. Are you in the PCA? The DFW region is very active. Lots of events and a handful of 914 owners.
ontopcop
beerchug.gif

I want to thank everyone who has welcomed me into the forum and advised of the addiction to come. I hope everyone had a marvelous Christmas and I pray all have a prosperous new Year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.