Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about seat removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thunderchief
I'm in the process of removing my interior and I've gotten the passenger's side seat out. The driver's seat though is moved all the way back and the slide mechanism is broken. So in the back of the seat, I can barely access the outside track bolts but can't even feel the inside track's bolts. I ordered a new slide handle but I'm not sure I can fully get to it to change it out until I get the seat out. Thanks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
slide it all of the way forward reaching under the broken seat loop until it stops then move back slightly and reach under the outer track next to the rocker carpet and release the tension clip then holding it up as well as the loop side, slide the seat out

QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Dec 23 2019, 12:27 PM) *

I'm in the process of removing my interior and I've gotten the passenger's side seat out. The driver's seat though is moved all the way back and the slide mechanism is broken. So in the back of the seat, I can barely access the outside track bolts but can't even feel the inside track's bolts. I ordered a new slide handle but I'm not sure I can fully get to it to change it out until I get the seat out. Thanks.

Thunderchief
Hi George,

Thanks for the reply but how can I slide it forward if the slide handle is broken. Is there another way?
mepstein
Just use a screwdriver or your fingers to pull up on the broken lever that would normally have the metal loop.
Thunderchief
Well that was super easy! Thanks guys!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes reach under where the seat handle loop attaches and lift up on the lever with your finger

QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Dec 23 2019, 12:52 PM) *

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply but how can I slide it forward if the slide handle is broken. Is there another way?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.