Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought a Porsche 550 Spyder today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
Subject line got you didn't it,lol.

Anyway, went to the swap meet today. Saw this model of a Porsche 550 Spyder laying in this mostly pile of junk. Asked the guy, "How much", he said "$5", I said, "Sold". Had a thick layer of dust/dirt on it. I cleaned it, and waxed it with Meguiars Tech Wax. Same stuff I use on the cars, turned out really great.

It's 1/18th scale, the steering wheel is connected to the wheels, it has coil over suspension that works, and the engine comes out for cleaning, changing oil, etc.

The toothpick in the pictures was a option.

I think the last time I saw one of these it wasn't cheap, anyone have any idea what's it's worth. It's not for sale, just wondering. To me this is like finding a valuable painting you sometimes hear about. Biggest score I've ever made, wow.

DonTraver
nuther one
DonTraver
and nuther one
DonTraver
last one. This is going to make me get started on the Advent 914-6 model I bought at the LA Swapmeet a couple of years ago.
DonTraver
One more
TravisNeff
I walked through Ceasars palace forum shops and they have a real deal 550 in a car/motorcycle shop - very cool!
Jeroen
Nice score!
I've got that one as well... One of the very few 1:18 scale models I have
It's really nice

You should see if you can find the other models that came from that series from Maisto
The 356 #1 (the mid engined one) and an RSK
Dominic
You scored dude! since they are worth around $10.00 wacko.gif $5.00 was a steal
Gustl
I found exactly this model in an online store in Germany
MIB it's about EUR 20 (that's about USD 24) - without shipping
so - well done!! clap.gif
Mr.C
I have that exact same one too. I wonder if your value will go up if I wreck mine? laugh.gif
Trekkor
I guy up here runs his 550 replica every month at the a/x in Santa Rosa.

KT
DonTraver
Thanks guys, I was thinking it was worth a lot more, doesn't really matter, I really like it. smilie_pokal.gif

There's a real 550 here in San Diego at Symbolic Motors, they also have a real 917k, think it's wearing Martini colors. All it takes is money.

Now to put the 914-6 Advent model together and maybe start another addiction, model cars.

Thanks All, Don
STL914
My wife bought the exact car a couple of years ago at the local Wallgreen's for less than $10.00. Also have a No. 1 Type 356 Roadster from the same company, same cost. Why pay $50 to $60 for a die cast when these $10 car look just as nice? I allways check the toy section of Wallgreen's any time I happen to be there.

Display it with pride!
jonwatts
Who cares how much you paid or how much it's worth? It's an awesome model with a great amount of detail. Maisto makes good stuff.

I think it's cool that you rescued it, cleaned it and waxed it. That's the proper level of sickness to have for these cars laugh.gif
Gustl
agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.