Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint prep under the headlights?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john77
I have a feeling I'm not the first to ask this, but I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

My front trunk needs some love. I've stripped and painted a couple of 2002 engine bays, so I know what's involved when it comes to prep, but I'm a little confused by how to deal with the void under the headlight buckets?

There's barely enough room to squeeze my hand in there no matter any tools.

Is there a secret to prepping and painting that area?
burton73
QUOTE(john77 @ Dec 24 2019, 12:58 PM) *

I have a feeling I'm not the first to ask this, but I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

My front trunk needs some love. I've stripped and painted a couple of 2002 engine bays, so I know what's involved when it comes to prep, but I'm a little confused by how to deal with the void under the headlight buckets?

There's barely enough room to squeeze my hand in there no matter any tools.

Is there a secret to prepping and painting that area?

You need to remove the headlights and eyebrows. You will remove the lids on the flip up lights and prep all the area Clean out the drain and repaint. It can be dirty there as years of dirt and leaves can collect. You can buy new rubber pieces for the eyebrows. Not hard to do.

Detailed info can be found on the world

Bob B

jmitro
Bob B you got to learn how to put your comments outside the quotation marks shades.gif

John77 are you referring to A or B? If B, I used Eastwoods internal frame coating on a spray wand to rust proof it, then sprayed with the paint gun the best i could
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.