Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB. 911 Parking brake assembly.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mueller
Doing the Boxster calipers on all 4 corners.

Need complete setup for a parking brake setup on the 914.
Running 911 vented rear rotors

Does the trailing are need to be modified? If so I may have to rethink the 911 e-brakes due to brand new powder coating.

Looking for the hats and associated shoes and bits that go on the trailing arm.

No need for handle. (or cables I think)

Thanks.
914LIVE
===========================

Complete 914 system ?

914 hand brake, short cables, long
cables and all hardware ?

I just removed such animals from
the concours/showroom 914.

Let me know.

============================
mepstein
Yes, a small bracket needs to be welded and the ridges that receive the 914 wheel bearing retainer plate need to be ground down to fit the 911 plate. Buy tangerine racing’s e-brake kit and you can use stock 914 cables. I believe Chris Foley said the brake hardware from an early ‘70s 911 fits better than the later, deeper bracket.
Retroracer
agree.gif There is much welding and grinding needed which will not go well with your powder coat finish! The original e-brake bracket has to be ground off and re-welded; also as @mepstein points out, the bearing outer needs grinding off, and the swaged cable 90deg bend tubes welded on (this assuming you get the Tangerine Racing kit).

One option would be to sell your powder coated stock arms, or swap for a decent set which you can modify and then powder coat.

- Tony
burton73
I had PMB do mine for my V8 car.
I Used Tangerines bracket as well.

Bob B
Steve
I had someone weld an angle iron piece to my trailing arm. Do you want a parking brake or an emergency brake? An emergency brake has a thick piece of angle iron welded to the trailing arm, so you can pull the emergency brake handle at speed and not worry about the 911 shoes spinning on the trailing arm. Check out this classic thread. They put a stop on the parking brake assembly which will not hold up in an emergency. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=4909
I would do it correctly like the factory did it on the 911.
I also agree with mepstein, buy tangerine racing’s kit, so you can use the stock cables. I installed mine before his kit was available and I used two 914 clutch cables instead.
Retroracer
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 25 2019, 08:08 PM) *

I had someone weld an angle iron piece to my trailing arm. Do you want a parking brake or an emergency brake? An emergency brake has a thick piece of angle iron welded to the trailing arm, so you can pull the emergency brake handle at speed and not worry about the 911 shoes spinning on the trailing arm.

FYI - the Tangerine Racing kit comes complete with the pre-drilled angle iron pieces referred to above. This shot shows the main elements of the modification:

Click to view attachment

- Tony
Mueller
Thanks for the info and pics.

Bought a pair of 911 parking brakes off of ebay, hope to get them this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.