Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brokenmoped
So, I'm going to look at this '73 914 tomorrow and need some opinions from club members. Here it is: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/car/80774285.html

From what I see, I honestly don't think this car is worth more than $5k, but since I'm new to 914s, I figured I might as well get some expert opinions.

Thanks,

Corey
Joe Bob
Looks gud....depends on hidden rust....
brokenmoped
Anyone else?
ClayPerrine
Maybe one of our local club members that is experienced will go with you for a PPI.

Anyone in SmellA want to volunteer? I would, but I am a bit far away...... biggrin.gif
ninefourteener
Actually, considering the engine, the tranny, the suspension, the wheels, etc....... $5900 sounds like a good deal... worth every penny.

Of course... this is assuming he's represented it accurately.

LOOK FOR RUST!!!!

Otherwise.... I'd say it looks pretty nice smile.gif
smooth_eddy
Pull the rockers and look at the longs. Or you can be like the rest of us and start asking lots of questions about long repairs and rusted floor pans. Eddy
brokenmoped
For anyone interested:

I checked out the car today, but did not buy it. It is almost completely rust-free, except for some surface rust on the front bumper. This car is as described. Here's some more details... the engine rebuild was in 1997, same as the tranny rebuild. It has a strong motor and the mechanical is in superb condition. The body needs some work, mostly paint, and maybe some straightening, but not much. The electrical, on the other hand, is not so good; it failed to start once. Also, the heating unit is nonexistant, so you won't know when your car is overheating, same as the E-brake; nonexistant. It's in fairly good condition, just not the condition I was expecting for the price. It needs about $3k to make it in great condition (NOT concours). If anyone is interested in this car, feel free to PM me since I have seen it and driven it.
Joe Bob
Very difficult to put an ebrake on a 914 with 911 brakes. Carbs are always hard starting, don't understand the over heating comment...it doesn't have a heater or it doesn't have a temp gauge?

Concour car all need Fuel Injection....so the carbs blow it out there....
brokenmoped
Oh, I meant it has a heat gauage it just doesn't work - he said the sending unit isn't there. It's not the carbs, it's the ignition, nothing happened when the key was turned a couple times.

Didn't know about the E-brake on 911 brakes thing.

Also, when the guy said, "Orange County? Yeah, you should be able to make it back there", I kind of figured the car wasn't very reliable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.