Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oversized 914 interior light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
just found this in a 914 in the box, somebody thought that they had a new factory look interior light for their 914. Too bad it is about twice as big! Probably from a vw busClick to view attachment
Rand
So a non 914 thing. Why do we care?
Sprout
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 27 2019, 05:49 PM) *

There was no reason for your remark. His thread was more 914-related than some others that are posted and nobody minds.
SO.O.C914er
Actually those oversized units may work real good on some openings that are beat up?
Rand
QUOTE(Sprout @ Dec 27 2019, 04:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 27 2019, 05:49 PM) *

There was no reason for your remark. His thread was more 914-related than some others that are posted and nobody minds.

There was a reason: It's not a 914 piece. No reason for your remark though.
FlacaProductions
At least change the title so it's accurate...
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 27 2019, 03:49 PM) *

To be consistent, you probably should also reply to...

Mercedes New Car Extended Warranty
First Mig Welder
Birthday Fairy News
Air Compressor Size Question
(among others)

Actually, that's a good looking dome light and if it fits the opening would make a nice alternative.
Rob-O
agree.gif
JawjaPorsche
Because it was found in a 914 makes it consequential. I have bought things that I thought would fit but didn’t. I remember buying two new window handles off eBay that wouldn’t fit. No need for negativity on this forum, we are in this together.
BENBRO02
agree.gif Let's all try to get along and have fun with our 914s together.
sixnotfour
I would like to know its application, I like it better than the little slit light..
jagalyn
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Dec 28 2019, 09:22 AM) *

agree.gif Let's all try to get along and have fun with our 914s together.

Here! Here!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
so the point here is, that the guy found this interior light advertised, thought Oh WOW, I have found an interior light for my 914 that almost exactly matches the original!!!!!

And then it was delivered.

He saw the picture with out perspective, and what arrived was twice as big as he thought

Good try we say. So we found it in the 914 when it arrived, unable to be used, but looking good if not in perspective
brcacti
I found it interesting and for those who may not want to keep their 914 stock it would look good. I fast discovered that when ordering parts to be very careful you get exactly what you want as it could be a little different. In my case I might call and get more information before ordering.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
isn't bigger better?
KELTY360
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 28 2019, 02:48 PM) *

isn't bigger better?

I suppose that’s why Porsche should have made a four door 914.....or at least put on bigger bumpers. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.