Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914-6, 3.6L, 915 — $45000 in Oakland, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
7vchvry
IPB Image

*New driving video here.*

I bought this 1974 Porsche 914-6 in February 2019, and have driven it ~1700 miles. It was built by GD Racing in San Bruno, CA for a privateer racer over the course of the last ten years as 1 of 4 ‘mild’ 914-6 street cars. I have the build receipts dating back to 2008, totaling around $35k (doesn’t include motor, transmission, or paint). Power comes from a 964 3.6L flat six mated to a Wevo 915 5-speed transmission. There are 914-6, 911SC, 930, and 993 parts throughout the build that are detailed below. Sold with a clean California title and registration paid through February 2021.

The rear fenders were stretched to accommodate 15x8 Fuchs wrapped in 225/50 rubber. After the fender modification was made, the car was repainted in its original Olympic Blue. Unfortunately, unlike the first 2 builds, the fenders were not stretched enough. Tire rub caused the paint on both rear fenders to crack. The champagne 15x7 Fuchs pictured in the rear are not included in the sale. These 15x7s are on the car to prevent any further issues from running the 15x8s. Buyer will need to provide their own 15x7s if they want to drive home, or we can put the car on a trailer with the 15x8s mounted. The car can drive with the 15x8s in the rear, but long distances are not recommended until the fenders are fixed. NIB steel 914-6 GT flares from Restoration Design are included in the sale.

The interior is mostly original, with new Cocomats throughout (front and rear trunk included). Original mats are also included in the sale. A Momo Prototipo steering wheel was added, along with a Rennshift shifter. The driver’s side exterior door handle needs to be fixed (unlock not engaging). All the parts for the air system are present, but it doesn’t work or is very low powered. Windows work as they should, all seals have been replaced over the course of the build, and the car has a new windshield.

Engine
- 964 3.6L flat 6
- Wevo and Patrick Motorsports 914-6 engine mounts
- Setrab oil cooler
- 914-6 GT oil cooler shroud
- Motronic fuel injection
- 993 alternator
- 1 3/4" B+B Billy Boat header/heat exchanger
- Dansk SSI muffler

Transmission
- Wevo 915 transmission
- Wevo transmission mounts
- 930 clutch cable
- Rennshift shifter
- 914-6 accelerator cable
- 914-6 LSD, 80%

Front
- 914-6 front bumper
- 914-6 front valence
- 911SC front struts
- 911SC front hubs
- 911SC front calipers
- 15x7 Fuchs, polished
- Pirelli Trofeo R 205/50r15

Rear
- 914-6 rear valence
- 911SC rear hubs
- 914-6 rear rotors
- 15x8 Fuchs, polished
- Pirelli Trofeo R 225/50r15
- factory jack

Gallery of high res photos here.
Please PM or email: zachary.taka.scott@gmail.com

Thank you!
mepstein
welcome.png
7vchvry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 27 2019, 05:38 PM) *

welcome.png

Ha...long time lurker/reader. Not much of a poster these days.
Cairo94507
Seems like a nice car that just needs a little attention to take it to the top. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
a9146luvr
Can you say "SLEEPER" children? Try it with me, S L E E P E R, verrry gooood!
volksaddict
I like this car, it deserves a bump to the top!
Seems like a good deal for a pro built -6 replica, with a 3.6! maybe the big bumpers are turning folks off? I think it looks great!
porschetub
QUOTE(volksaddict @ Jan 3 2020, 02:24 AM) *

I like this car, it deserves a bump to the top!
Seems like a good deal for a pro built -6 replica, with a 3.6! maybe the big bumpers are turning folks off? I think it looks great!

BIG bumpers WTF.gif .
volksaddict
Referring to the late model rubber things on the front and back of the car biggrin.gif What do they call them in NZ?
Seems that most people like the chrome with rubber top early bumpers, even to the point of backdating the 75-76 cars. And of course there were no -6's in 75-76 so they wouldn't be correct for a true -6. I think they add to the 70's vibe of the cars, guess I like them since that's what's on my current 914.
boxstr
BigBumpers.?.? Not sure what you are seeing. These are the same as the chrome bumpers, they are just painted and not chromed.
These are not the BIG BUMPERS that came on the 75-76 914.
Craig at BB
volksaddict
Well Duh for me! confused24.gif Putting off the glasses thing...
Still a nice car!
matthepcat
I have seen this car in person. Nice car. If I didnt have two in my garage, I would consider.
john77
Nice looking car. GLWTS.

My 2.7RS 6 was built by GD Racing too, but earlier than yours. Mine has the cracks in the paint of the pulled rear arches as well lol-2.gif

The drivers side door lock problem is probably caused by a broken cam actuator. I just did both of mine. 914Rubber sells them, it's a pretty simple fix.

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/d...am-actuator-1-1
7vchvry
Agreed, and thank you!

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 30 2019, 08:53 AM) *

Seems like a nice car that just needs a little attention to take it to the top. GLWTS. beerchug.gif

7vchvry
Time to build a bigger garage smile.gif

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jan 6 2020, 05:50 PM) *

I have seen this car in person. Nice car. If I didnt have two in my garage, I would consider.

7vchvry
Thank you John. The longer this car stays with me, the closer I get to fixing this. Will happen eventually.

QUOTE(john77 @ Jan 16 2020, 05:08 PM) *

Nice looking car. GLWTS.

My 2.7RS 6 was built by GD Racing too, but earlier than yours. Mine has the cracks in the paint of the pulled rear arches as well lol-2.gif

The drivers side door lock problem is probably caused by a broken cam actuator. I just did both of mine. 914Rubber sells them, it's a pretty simple fix.

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/d...am-actuator-1-1

dgw
now on Craigslist at reduced price. Wonder why he doesn't post the reduced price here?

You are welcome for the bump.
7vchvry
Just edited, thanks Dennis.

QUOTE(dgw @ Mar 10 2020, 10:00 AM) *

now on Craigslist at reduced price. Wonder why he doesn't post the reduced price here?

You are welcome for the bump.

7vchvry
We made a little video for anyone that is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA_1MnyIZWo
Mueller
QUOTE(7vchvry @ Apr 6 2020, 04:15 PM) *

We made a little video for anyone that is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA_1MnyIZWo

Nice video, car sounds great with no strange noises. Looks like it shifts nicely as well.

porschetub
QUOTE(volksaddict @ Jan 4 2020, 02:23 AM) *

Well Duh for me! confused24.gif Putting off the glasses thing...
Still a nice car!

Called the same thing in my country regardless,they are what they are ,geez that was a strange reply dry.gif .
Great car and well priced but a sign of current times and uncertainty GLWTS.
RandyK
Hello, how much money approximately to properly stretch the flares and then will the car need to be repainted? Thanks
Coondog
QUOTE(RandyK @ Apr 14 2020, 01:25 PM) *

Hello, how much money approximately to properly stretch the flares and then will the car need to be repainted? Thanks

To do it right 20K at a quality shop.
RandyK
QUOTE(Coondog @ Apr 15 2020, 08:04 PM) *

QUOTE(RandyK @ Apr 14 2020, 01:25 PM) *

To do it right 20K at a quality shop.

thanks.
Cairo94507
Personally, I would install the Tangerine Racing flares all the way around. beerchug.gif http://www.tangerineracing.com/exterior_panels.htm
stevesc_us
Nah. If you’re going to flare it might as well go all the way. Besides a set of steel GT flares from Restoration Designs comes with the deal.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.