Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD 914 in Bozeman Montana
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Gmacmt
SOLD

Found a -6 project I couldn’t pass up on, and selling a 914 I actually bought last week.

It is a 1974 with what I believe is a 1.8. Recent work to fuel injection system and fuel lines. I’ve cold started it down to 10*F and it just required a couple cranks. No smoke on startup or anything alarming and plenty of power. Pulled hard to 70 when I drove it home.

Original paint is yellow, currently sports a “painted in a shed red” 15 foot job. Would probably clean up with a cut and buff but will never be ready for the concourse without a lot of love.

Clean Montana title, but I think it’s from california and Nevada based on oral history and stickers/receipts on the car. Extremely little rust. Hell hole appears solid. Apart from some surface rust in spots the car seems clean, but I wouldn’t say completely rust free as there is some surface corrosion around places like the battery tray and inside the back seam of the rear trunk.

It’s a great candidate to be a driver, bought it from a guy in town who had it stored in a barn for years so it needs some work with the brakes at a minimum to get this thing on the road daily. Like the ad says, it’s got a stuck caliper that I’m assuming is from a corroded piston, I haven’t dug into it yet.

Body is pretty good, some dents and dings but nothing too remarkable as it sits. It looks like there may be a bit of bondo on the passenger rear fender around the wheel opening.

Here is a link to the ad I have up for it. Interior is all there, but dirty with cracked dash and windshield. I have 3k into it, and would extend that deal to forum members.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/d/bozema...7045716117.html
Craigers17
PM Sent.
tailwind22
When you have a chance tell us a bit about your six project.
Gmacmt
QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Dec 29 2019, 10:26 AM) *

When you have a chance tell us a bit about your six project.

Planning to do a build thread, but don’t want to jinx it before it’s underway. Found a forum member here with a pretty cool start on a 3.2 conversion that I’m hoping to finish.

Have a few months to put some real time in on a project before the busy season at work begins...

-g
Gmacmt
Sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.