Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Cycling for Charity
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LuckieO
Hey Guys and Gals,

I thought that with the kick off of the Tour de France today it would be a good day to commit and register for the MS 150 (Multiple Sclerosis 150). I am participating in the race that takes place from Bernalillo to Los Alamos, NM. The race is a 150 mile event that takes place over two days, 75 miles each day. The main focus of the event is to raise money for the research of Multiple Sclerosis, and counseling for people afflicted with MS. I peronsally have to raise at least $200, but have set my goal at $600 ($6,000,000 would be nice...or, what ever it would take to find a cure). Many of us have been affected by MS whether it be friends, family, or maybe just someone you met once. I would greatly appreciate it, if you are able, to pledge some money towards this cause! If you log on to www.nationalmssociety.org and click on pledge/sponsor a participant, and type in my name:
Lauren Luckie-O'Brien
and state:
NM - New Mexico,
you can make a pledge in my name.
It will be a challenge to compete in, but I will certainly have a push from the hopes that the money we raise will benefit the lives of many!
If you would like to know more about MS, please also visit the link above!
Thanks,
Luckieo (& 914RS) smile.gif
LuckieO
And, just a note, one of the most wonderful people we know (and you know and love) could benefit from this research!

Luck
xitspd
QUOTE (LuckieO @ Jul 2 2005, 07:11 PM)
Hey Guys and Gals,

I thought that with the kick off of the Tour de France today it would be a good day to commit and register for the MS 150 (Multiple Sclerosis 150). I am participating in the race that takes place from Bernillilo to Los Alamos, NM. The race is a 150 mile event that takes place over two days, 75 miles each day. The main focus of the event is to raise money for the research of Multiple Sclerosis, and counseling for people afflicted with MS. I peronsally have to raise at least $200, but have set my goal at $600 ($6,000,000 would be nice...or, what ever it would take to find a cure). Many of us have been affected by MS whether it be friends, family, or maybe just someone you met once. I would greatly appreciate it, if you are able, to pledge some money towards this cause! If you log on to www.nationalmssociety.org and click on pledge/sponsor a participant, and type in my name:
Lauren Luckie-O'Brien
and state:
NM - New Mexico,
you can make a pledge in my name.
It will be a challenge to compete in, but I will certainly have a push from the hopes that the money we raise will benefit the lives of many!
If you would like to know more about MS, please also visit the link above!
Thanks,
Luckieo (& 914RS) smile.gif

Lauren,

What a great idea! clap.gif One of my best friends is living with MS and he is a big Porsche fan! I found the site, but I can not pull your name up on it. Please check it out and and advise. I will make a donation in your name for sure.

Dan
Joseph Mills
Excellent! Those are very well organized and fun events for a good cause. Riders are very pampered on the tour. I rode the year before last in eastern Oklahoma with my old team. Among 6 of us, we managed to raise about 3k.

I would like to help with your sponsorship (just a meager sum, but every little bit helps). I can PayPal or mail if you want to PM an address. I bet there are others in the garage here that will donate. rolleyes.gif

Remember to Hydrate! biggrin.gif
LuckieO
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jul 3 2005, 06:00 AM)

Lauren,

What a great idea! clap.gif One of my best friends is living with MS and he is a big Porsche fan! I found the site, but I can not pull your name up on it. Please check it out and and advise. I will make a donation in your name for sure.

Dan

That is odd. I just checked the site and found my name. Have you checked to make sure you typed my name correctly? Make sure the hyphen and apotrophe are both there?
It is Lauren Luckie-O'Brien, in Rio Rancho, NM.
I hope you are able to find my name! Thanks for the support!

biggrin.gif
LuckieO
QUOTE (joseph222 @ Jul 3 2005, 06:23 AM)
Excellent! Those are very well organized and fun events for a good cause. Riders are very pampered on the tour. I rode the year before last in eastern Oklahoma with my old team. Among 6 of us, we managed to raise about 3k.

I would like to help with your sponsorship (just a meager sum, but every little bit helps). I can PayPal or mail if you want to PM an address. I bet there are others in the garage here that will donate. rolleyes.gif

Remember to Hydrate! biggrin.gif

You can paypal me at jfoiv@cableone.net, or send a donation to:

4490 Alpine Circle
Rio Rancho, NM

I really appreciate any and all support!
Thanks Again!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Luck
mk114
My wife has MS so I donated to everyone of the Ms fundraising activities that come along, I donated $50.00 to this ride in Salt Lake this year

Ps I just sent you 20.00 more
LuckieO
QUOTE (mk114 @ Jul 3 2005, 11:05 AM)
My wife has MS so I donated to everyone of the Ms fundraising activities that come along, I donated $50.00 to this ride in Salt Lake this year

Ps I just sent you 20.00 more

I wish you and your wife well! Thanks for the support!
Andyrew
My mother has had MS for many years.
She currently takes daily injections to slow down her problems.
Sometimes its hard. sad.gif
But we love her wub.gif

Expect a donation from us when my parents return in a few days.

Rock on dude! aktion035.gif
xitspd
Thanks Luckie ! Pledge sent ! Say, "Hi" to Joe for me and have a safe 4th.............
LuckieO
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jul 3 2005, 02:10 PM)
Thanks Luckie ! Pledge sent ! Say, "Hi" to Joe for me and have a safe 4th.............

Thanks Dan, you are the man...wow, more than I could have ever expected! Joe and I both hope to see you again soon!

Luck smilie_pokal.gif
mk114
icon_bump.gif
tat2dphreak
thanks for bumping!! I missed this the first time, paypal sent!

this is a VERY worthy cause! pray.gif thank you for doing this!
LuckieO
Thanks to all of you who have already made a pledge!!! smilie_pokal.gif My grand total at this time is $370...over half way to my goal. Maybe I should raise my goal? biggrin.gif

Luck
dan10101
My family thanks you Luckie. smilie_pokal.gif

Paypal sent, I just wish it could be more...

So, does anyone else know a person with MS that has a Type A personality? mueba.gif
TurtleGirl
Luckie, I don't know if Nico told you at work or not, but we're in for $100 and your/our lodging in Los Alamos... I'll talk to you tomorrow about it. Just thought I'd post a little note here while I icon_bump.gif
neo914-6
Donation sent...

Have fun on the ride Lauren, hope you have a gel seat! clap.gif
TurtleGirl
smilie_pokal.gif
way to go Luckie!!!!

icon_bump.gif
LuckieO
And that does not even include the hundred you and Nics have said you will donate! We will talk about sleep arrangements when I see you...what about Steph's place instead of a hotel?

Thanks again to everyone who has made a pledge!!! clap.gif aktion035.gif
LuckieO
Oh, I forgot...I have found a few people who would like to join me to make up a team, but we are at a loss for a good name. I would appreciate any suggestions... huh.gif
Series9
icon_bump.gif
xitspd
icon_bump.gif
aircooledboy
Done.

Good luck Lauren. beerchug.gif

Oh, and I expect to lose weight vicariously by sponsoring you. Seems fair, doesn't it? w00t.gif monkeydance.gif
Joseph Mills
icon_bump.gif

Lucky,

Your check is in the paypal mail! rolleyes.gif

joseph
LuckieO
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jul 12 2005, 02:26 PM)
Oh, and I expect to lose weight vicariously by sponsoring you. Seems fair, doesn't it? w00t.gif monkeydance.gif

You never know. I seems to be working for Joe, although it may be that I have been dragging him along on some of my training rides. laugh.gif

I just want to say thanks again to all of you you have made a donation!!! beerchug.gif

Those of you who would like to make a pledge, but just not today, the deadline to get all of my donations in is not until September 2.

Lauren
LuckieO
icon_bump.gif

It is getting closer and I am getting nervous! I will be doing a long portion of the ride this weekend to get a feel for the route. There is one section of the course that has an uncategorized climb...13% grade. unsure.gif
Series9
If you don't do well, I will have to spank your bare bottom... cool.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (914RS @ Jul 21 2005, 05:48 PM)

and if she does well what will you do? laugh.gif
Series9
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Jul 21 2005, 06:59 PM)

same thing
neo914-6
sounds like a win/win situation...
chairfall.gif
fiid
Theres another ton in there for the cause.

Come on people ... keep the cash flowing!

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Good luck on the ride!!
xitspd
icon_bump.gif
LuckieO
QUOTE (914RS @ Jul 21 2005, 06:02 PM)

same thing

I am pretty sure that after 150 miles on the bike my bottom will be completely numb...but, who knows it might be fun! ohmy.gif rocking nana.gif
fiid
QUOTE (LuckieO @ Jul 22 2005, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (914RS @ Jul 21 2005, 06:02 PM)

same thing

I am pretty sure that after 150 miles on the bike my bottom will be completely numb...but, who knows it might be fun! ohmy.gif rocking nana.gif

You'll be fine. I did LifeCycle last year - you get into a routine with it. There will be times when it just hurts, but keep thinking of the cause and the next rest stop and you'll be there before you know it and sad that it's over.

icon_bump.gif

How's your total doing?

LuckieO
QUOTE (fiid @ Jul 22 2005, 10:48 PM)
You'll be fine.  I did LifeCycle last year - you get into a routine with it.  There will be times when it just hurts, but keep thinking of the cause and the next rest stop and you'll be there before you know it and sad that it's over.

icon_bump.gif

How's your total doing?

I think that it will be fun now that I went out and did the HC climb to see what it was going to be like, and it was not easy, but I was able to get through it just fine.

I am doing great on my pledges, I have raised more than I had expected, but I still hope to keep the funds flowing. I am sure that every dollar helps in finding a cure, or even an ounce of relief for those with MS!

Thanks, once again to all of you who have donated! The amount of support I have been shown over the last few weeks shows how great 914 club members really are! beerchug.gif
LuckieO
icon_bump.gif

Okay, only one week left until the ride after which I will stop bumping this thread. smile.gif
LuckieO
icon_bump.gif
Only one day to go!

VegasRacer
Man. headbang.gif How did I miss this tread for and entire month.
Glad I saw it in time to make a donation.

GO LAUREN user posted image
LuckieO
Thanks John! It was really great to meet you. I am sure that we will see each other soon!

Luck
LuckieO
Only 12 hours until the ride begins... unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.