Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $137.5k 914-6GT build.....whach ya theenk?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
In all it's glory.
Lots of good stuff.
Always curious where the market really is on these kind of cars?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-914-G...dAAAOSwCepeBu0Q

Click to view attachment
mepstein
There’s often a big disparity between what a shop charges for a custom build and what they usually sell for. Especially when it’s the ugly duckling of the marque. One issue is it cost the same to do work (weld, bodywork, paint, etc) to a 911RS or 914-4 but one has more built in value and it’s a lot more work and money to convert a 914 to a big six than a 911 but the 914 is usually just valued at the sum of its parts.
But the owner makes a good point, if you want a car like this, it’s a lot faster to buy it than build it.
Cairo94507
That sure looks to be a top-drawer, no expense spared build. I love almost everything about that car. And to be honest, if it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures and drives as they say, you would be doing yourself a favor to negotiate a bit and spend the cash and buy that Six and enjoy it now. I sure hope whomever ends up with that car is a CA person so I can see it at some future events. beerchug.gif
914forme
And I see things I would have to change. Them BB heat exchangers should be tossed out the window, and install a set of @MB911 heat exchangers. Other than that, I don't care what parts cost today to do that build, I care what the car is worth, and driving it would be required at that kind of coin.

But then nice build, has all the right stuff, etc.... But at that price you are in serious car territory, you really have to love the 914 to pull that trigger.

mb911
Lol @914forme I actually was thinking the same then they painted the 16x9 fuchs.. Ugh.
914Sixer
We all know the rules, you ONLY do this to have FUN. NEVER look at the amount spent.
sixnotfour
If the engine only had 9000 miles probably never got leaky head to cyl. recall...

Interesting hand brake flag.gif
Alapone
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 29 2019, 07:05 PM) *

If the engine only had 9000 miles probably never got leaky head to cyl. recall...

Well considering there is a 3.6 car in the classifieds here offered for $48k I’m not sure of the value proposition. You could add flares and fix a few other issues and not come close to this $. Additional value for it being a real 6 but still......thoughts?
jmitro
agree.
beautiful car but for that kind of money there are many other cars I'd rather have. not to mention
Coondog
QUOTE(914forme @ Dec 29 2019, 03:14 PM) *

And I see things I would have to change. Them BB heat exchangers should be tossed out the window, and install a set of @MB911 heat exchangers. Other than that, I don't care what parts cost today to do that build, I care what the car is worth, and driving it would be required at that kind of coin.

But then nice build, has all the right stuff, etc.... But at that price you are in serious car territory, you really have to love the 914 to pull that trigger.

Yeah I don’t understand PMS fascination with BB exhaust systems, he installed those on my six and one year later I switched them out with Bens. Night and day difference.

He may be asking 137K but he would be losing money if it was a recent PMS built and not a 20 plus year old restoration.
Superhawk996

Far too much money for what is essentially a heavily molested 914-6. Really nice stock sixes struggle to get to this price.

Far too many other interesting possibilities at this price.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 29 2019, 07:05 PM) *

Not very effective due to small radius vs wheel radius not to mention the one off parts involved. Wait till you have to fix that. More wasted money for one off parts. sad.gif
Superhawk996
And for $137k you would think they could keep the paint overspray off the Karmann tag av-943.gif
EdwardBlume
Lotto worthy. av-943.gif
Marv's3.6six
Woooo Boy.... If he can get that I might consider selling mine, which is more over the top than his. Hmmmm.
bkrantz
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 29 2019, 05:00 PM) *

We all know the rules, you ONLY do this to have FUN. NEVER look at the amount spent.

Never add up the receipts. And never, never calculate even a bargain rate for personal labor. Of course, do NOT factor in the cost of tools and supplies.

OTOH, the value of even a modest 914 with fair rebuild has more cash value than what remains after spending the same time and money at the local pub.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.