Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: J West Fuse Panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NS914
Hi Guys,

Picking away at my 914 and have installed my J West fuse panel. One challenge I am having is getting those relay nipples to push into the panel frame. Does anyone have any ideas....I am ready to tape them up out of the way or drill the hole a little bigger to get them in but before I do anything really studid.....ideas.

Grant
914Sixer
Are you using any kind of lube?
lierofox
For mine I believe I used a quick spritz of silicone spray, and then just worked them in, starting by pushing at an angle to get one side through, and then just used a few tools to pry the edge through the opening, walking my way around. A mixture of needle nose pliers and careful persuasion with a blunt metal pick.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 29 2019, 09:03 PM) *

Are you using any kind of lube?

That’s what she said Mark! lol-2.gif
NS914
Thanks Guys, yes I have been just using some WD 40 and trying to push them in....I will return to this task later...LOL!

I have a ton of work to get this car on the road by the spring....its gonna happen! No one believes me but I will show them...LOL!

Happy New Year Everyone,

Grant
Mark Henry
A bit of baby oil, slightly twisting them as you flick them back and forth, clamps help but be gentle. If that doesn't work try slowly reaming the hole.

w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.