Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory 1969
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Saw this on another forum, cool shot. Looks like November 1969. If anyone says "it's not a real Porsche", there is next to 2 real Porsches.
Krieger
Wasn't that the date the photo was printed?
theer
I think you’re correct Krueger. So that would mean the photo has to be from Nov 1969 or earlier.

Cool picture!
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Krieger @ Dec 30 2019, 09:44 AM) *

Yes, that would be my guess. Assuming the guy went to the Factory, took pics and printed them when he got home. I would say sometime 69 would be safe, but it's a cool shot.
Coondog
So it’s got U.S.A. side markers with euro running lights ??
Also the front Lic plate holder looks a little big for U.S.A. plates ??
73-914
Maybe for Italy
KELTY360
......and already on jack stands. No wonder 914s get comfortable in that position. biggrin.gif
fixer34
QUOTE(Krieger @ Dec 30 2019, 11:44 AM) *

This looks like a color Polaroid shot. I think back then, the film packs had dates already printed on them. So it could be Nov 69, or possibly a couple months after.
sb914
agree.gif
buck toenges
Since it is on a 3 wheel cart could it be at the Porsche factory? And if that is the case could this be a "6"?

JeffBowlsby
Its /4...painted bumper. All /6s had chrome bumpers.
Rob-O
Just curious, does the cart signify that it’s at the factory? Nothing else seems to give clues to where it was taken. Maybe the fact that the running gear appears to be missing?

The 911 looks to have quite a bit of rust on the body. I wouldn’t think that to be the case if it was at the factory being assembled or being worked on before being sold.
Johny Blackstain
That's not a Polaroid & they did print the date on them back in those days. Fog light grills appear to match the paint... idea.gif
Blue6
The only thing that could be better is if it had a Porsche emblem on the fronk lid. Man would that make the wheels spin... biggrin.gif
Rob-O
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Dec 31 2019, 02:34 PM) *

The only thing that could be better is if it had a Porsche emblem on the fronk lid. Man would that make the wheels spin... biggrin.gif

But there are no wheels!!

lol-2.gif av-943.gif stirthepot.gif poke.gif
Matteo
gents,

as for your infos, in Italy the front light were complety in WHITE, both for 4 and 6 , never in bi-color.
ClayPerrine
Are you sure about the date? It looks like Nov 89 to me.

Clay
TheCabinetmaker
I see 69, Clay.
Mike Fitton
I don't believe it is a factory picture. Euro front lenses with side reflectors and no outside mirror.
pete000
Interesting the Fog lamp surrounds are white as well. Maybe a prototype part not chromed?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 14 2020, 06:38 AM) *

I don't believe it is a factory picture. Euro front lenses with side reflectors and no outside mirror.

Found another shot of Porsche #1, background looks the same.
Cairo94507
Are we sure that was the date the photo was printed? Or is that the date of the film manufacturing? Been so long since I have seen a Polaroid picture..... beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.