Full Version: GRM: not sure about this one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
914 Rallyecross build

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Well, it’s got a PMB sticker on it, so... aktion035.gif
raynekat
Except for the scoop on the rear deck lid and the duallies.....I like it!
RickS
You think that +5 hp sticker really works? And just think if there is one on the other side...
cary
Rallycross maybe. That shock setup would last ............... maybe 5 minutes in Baja.
get off my lawn
When that hacked-up POS splits in half and burns to the ground, it'll be a justifiable suicide and an act of mercy.
just my opinion
pete000
I liked it all the way up to the duel rear wheels. Oh and the fender extensions could have been handled with a bit more creativity IMHO... other than that looks fun!
Superhawk996
Let me get the premise of the story right. The authors Honda CRX blew it's engine so he decided to take out his frustration by destroying a Porsche 914 that exists in far fewer numbers than CRX's? Do I have that right?

Sort of a shame that such awesome fabrication skills have been put to such an evil use. sad.gif

I may have to take a bit of that previous fabriction comment back.

Note to Goober: Adding a brace betwen the top of the small diameter shock rods that are already isolated in rubber really isn't much of a structural reinforcement. And to top that off, it will cause your damper rods to flex and then side load the damper seals leading to quick failure. headbang.gif Suspsect it really doesn't matter to this guy. The Home Depot T pipe fitting is another nice touch.

Click to view attachment

It really hurts to see these cars come to this end when there are literally millions of Civics, CRX's, Miata's and other potential donors for this sort of project.

Oh well, another hacked up 914 on it's last life before ending up in the bone yard. sad.gif

Only serves to make the rest of the healthy 914 population more rare & valuable with each one that meets it's untimely demise at the hands of folks like this. sheeplove.gif
76-914
I don't know shit from apple butter unless it's my car but here goes: Is that outer wheel a time bomb? Not much metal attaching it to the inboard wheel. confused24.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 31 2019, 07:17 PM) *

I don't know shit from apple butter unless it's my car but here goes: Is that outer wheel a time bomb? Not much metal attaching it to the inboard wheel. confused24.gif

Certainly not TR&A approved. I'm pretty sure it would not pass fatigue testing that would be expected of a produciton rim and especially a dually rim.

http://www.us-tra.org/

To steal the words of
@get_off_my_lawn

When that hacked-up POS splits in half and burns to the ground, it'll be a justifiable suicide and an act of mercy.
just my opinion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.