Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in Ft Meyers area (or Milwaukee) know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cosm3os
https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/cto/d/...7040707209.html

It came from Milwaukee and has been in Ft Meyers for the last year with the same owner. Nice guy, but he's got nothing to back up his claim that it is a quality restoration or that the motor is what he claims, other than his own experience owning many 914s. I don't care if it's not a correct restoration. I just want to make sure it's not a hack job and a respray.

Anyone have first hand experience with the car? Anyone with lots of knowledge in Ft Meyers want to look it over for me?

Thanks,

Kyle
ConeDodger
At that price, it isn’t a restoration.

It looks clean enough. TC Carr and Paul are in Florida. So is Joe Sharp.

At that price, I’m thinking it got pulled out of hibernation, cleaned up and polished, EFI pulled off and carbs put on...

I’d still ask about all the normal rust areas...
cosm3os
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 31 2019, 10:25 AM) *

At that price, it isn’t a restoration.

It looks clean enough. TC Carr and Paul are in Florida. So is Joe Sharp.

At that price, I’m thinking it got pulled out of hibernation, cleaned up and polished, EFI pulled off and carbs put on...

I’d still ask about all the normal rust areas...

The work was done 20 years ago. I'm not expecting a concours car.
ThePaintedMan
@JetsetSurfShop (Shane) is in Naples, and is the closest person I can think of out of all of us. He's just busy with work this time of year. Maybe he'll respond, though..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.