Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dinner at scottb's house
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
well scottb invited teri and i to dinner at his new to him house. we were supposed to do some electric work as well, but lets just say the beer.gif and the bs.gif took over and the electric work got put off. but before the beerchug.gif and chowtime.gif
i took him for a ride in porscharu, i think he was a little impressed with the accelleration.

on to the porsche stuff, he has a pretty car, it has a few very minor issues that he knows about, and he is just trying to use these with his wife to justify flares and a paint job. he has one of the nicest interiors i have seen, with a bunch of parts from vendors here.

the food was great the beerchug.gif was good too, but too much beer.gif before chowtime.gif makes this scott a little drunk.gif . then off coarse there is his lovly wub.gif wife and kids.

thanks for a great day scottb, and tell the wife thanks for keeping teri off of my back hide.gif lol2.gif

edit : forgot to add the day was not perfect, when i was showing scott about the car connections i unplugged the wire for the fuel pump, then when i put it back on i put it on a hot connection the the relay connection and toasted the suby fuel pump relay, not a big deal 5 mins and i had it bypassed, including trouble shooting. headbang.gif
type47fan
Pictures to share. . . ?
scottb
had a great time meeting scott and teri. as scott said, the electric work was set aside for another day. we did however make a plan for that work so the non-labor portion of the job has been completed. i call that a success! smilie_pokal.gif

and we did drink some beer. those suckers were going down easy yesterday! scott bagged on my car for me! found out that the PO had put in a chassis stiffening kit and plugged the drain opening in the hell hole headbang.gif headbang.gif . same on the other side. found a couple of other small issues but nothing major at all. i still feel like my car is in good shape. will be in better shape with flared fenders and big wheels! maybe even a suby powerplant some day!?

and scotts car does go roomy zoom zoom! w00t.gif w00t.gif and it sounds great. engine compartment seems even less crowed with that motor in there. me likes.....

here are some pics...

the white one plus the green one equals the black one....

scottb
scotts porscharu with the custom red e-brake.......
scottb
my son providing troubleshooting advice to scott......

"i say you need a new left handed throttle polishing bushing..."

scottb
had the kids do some parts "shopping" for me while scott wasn't looking...

scottb
becky and teri waiting patiently.....
scottb
the search for a solution continues....

scotty914
i was not bagging on your car, i have just been a 914 owner long enough that i tear in to every 914 i have seen. you have a nice car, but it does have a few small issues. no big deal, i would rate you car as an 8, and i have only seen 2 10's.

but the crappy part i know of a car i thought was a 7, but i never got to look at it like i looked at yours, now that car is a parts car with bad rust. so look at the things we talked about just to be safe.
scottb
scott doing his impersonation of mike z....

scotty914
god my butt looks huge there

and there are pics some where of mike z and i mooning the camera
scottb
i was not bagging on your car, i have just been a 914 owner long enough that i tear in to every 914 i have seen. you have a nice car, but it does have a few small issues. no big deal, i would rate you car as an 8, and i have only seen 2 10's.

i know you weren't baggin on my car. just messin' with ya happy11.gif . i really appreciate another set of eyes to help me see what i may be missing.

we will have to get you guys down again soon. went to the depot and scored the spool of 14-3 and some wall fan switches. next time we can burn steaks on the grill. i have this really great tequila marinade. mmmmmmm.

thanks again for coming over!!! beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
plas76targa
Hey you Marylanders, give me two more days and I'll be there. ... see the Moving East thread. More than half way accross now!
scottb
QUOTE (plas76targa @ Jul 3 2005, 11:30 PM)
Hey you Marylanders, give me two more days and I'll be there. ... see the Moving East thread. More than half way accross now!

hey matt,

pm me when you get into the area. i am in poolesville just about 30 min from frederick. i am seeing another bbq in the future..... gotta get more people to see scott (porscharu) thatchers marvelous machine. that thing really is cool...
crash914
Guys, I will be there tonight.....got to get packed.

I start the new job tomorrow am....man I got to get going....I need a way to access the club while driving.?? ohmy.gif not...

I will be taking temporary housing in ellicott city.

I won't have wife and kids in tow for a few weeks....can you say party??
of course, no 914 either.... sad.gif

See you all soon!
plas76targa
Herb, I'll second that "gotta have a way to access the site while driving". Although it might be a bit tough if you're driving solo. I wish I could log on while the co-pilot is driving. ... Ellicott City puts you roughly between Scott T and me - Baltimore, E C, & Fred-neck. And further west is Poolesville.

Scottb - We might finally make and early start today. Plan is still to make MD by tomorrow, 7/05. I'll pm you as soon as I can get the PC hooked up.

Happy independance day every one!
spare time toys
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jul 3 2005, 11:50 AM)
god my butt looks huge there

Naw its just the pants make it look that way. wink.gif Least thats what I tell my wife unsure.gif rolleyes.gif lol2.gif
scottb
herb....

no wife, no kids, few weeks..... hmmmm.... beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif icon8.gif barf.gif

where do i sign up!

we should plan a larger get together at my house as a warm up to the gathering in september! the good doctor is going to be out our way in a couple of weeks too!
scotty914
ellicott city lived in a condo there for a year... never again at least the condo end.

but it is only 20 mins away and there is a 914 owner there who does not post, his name here and on PP is retro74.

looks like we all have places to go get our 914 fix in feb when it is 20 degrees out side
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.