Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTT: Uncut basketweave door panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
horizontally-opposed
I stashed away two uncut basket weave (rectangular block, like my 1973) interior door cards, thinking I might ventilate them and try to hide a pair of 6.5-inch speakers behind them—but I don't think that is going to work.

The door cards in my car now are the originals and quite nice, but were cut in the 1990s not only for 6.5-inch speakers but also for tweeters...and I'd like to get rid of the latter, which is why I tracked uncut door cards down. Thing is, if feels wrong to cut a pair of door cards that have survived audio horrors this long—but I like my tunes.

I wonder if there's someone out there looking for a pair of uncut original door cards with the rectangular basketweave? These are dirty from being in storage for a long time, but otherwise appear to be very nice. I'll try to get some pics up this week.

I'd be looking to make a straight trade for a pair of excellent door cards with speaker holes low at the front, just ahead of where the door latch release is. Worst case, I end up cutting these after all.

Thanks!!
JeffBowlsby
I have a set for you Pete...happy to trade you. These are in excellent condition except for the speaker holes. Will these do it for you?
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 5 2020, 10:45 AM) *

I have a set for you Pete...happy to trade you. These are in excellent condition except for the speaker holes. Will these do it for you?

Hey Jeff! Those look great—and I'd must rather further modify those than cut these.

I'll get the my panels down out of storage and send some pics your way. I have not cleaned them, as I wanted to research the gentlest method (as they are very dusty). I'll PM you so we can figure out a best way forward.
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif

Thanks, I hope this works out for both of us.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 5 2020, 08:26 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Thanks, I hope this works out for both of us.

Me too! Got them down and got the dust off using water only. Will email you some pics shortly.

Thanks again....
horizontally-opposed
Pulled these down from storage, took a first pass at them with water only, and have to say they're rougher than I thought. Uncut and original, but it will take quite a bit of work to make them nice, and the only thing of real value over what I have is the basketweave...which is less than perfect with some minor nicks and cuts here and there.

Jeff took a pass, and I don't blame him. I am not sure whether I will treat these as donors for the basket weave or just go with some new basket weave. Need to see if there is something out there that's indistinguishable from the factory stuff—but consider this fair warning that these door panels may soon be harvested for parts…

They can't all be saved, just as all parts can't be saved!

Best,

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.