Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: NLA horizontal targa trim and NLA RH door window track
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
horizontally-opposed
The door window track (the vertical "spear" between the fixed window and the roll-up side window that guides the latter) is restored and replated and still in the wrapper from King of Trim. The horizontal targa bar trim, for the back of the targa bar, is original and is a very nice used piece. These were the most difficult brightwork pieces to find when I repainted my 914 (and finding a window track in really great shape proved impossible, so I had several restored—and the restored one and the core below are the last of those.)

Looking to trade for something my 914 could use, which is a great pair of exterior door handles.

EDIT: For sale with photos and prices below...

Thanks!
morsmanlaw
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jan 6 2020, 04:30 PM) *

The door window track (the vertical "spear" between the fixed window and the roll-up side window that guides the latter) is restored and replated and still in the wrapper from King of Trim. The horizontal targa bar trim, for the back of the targa bar, is original and is a very nice used piece; I would not refinish it, as the very few scratches that are there are minor. Will get some pics up. These were the two most difficult brightwork pieces to find when I repainted my 914 (and finding a window track in really great shape proved impossible, so I had a few restored), so I held onto the extras—but that doesn't make a lot of sense. They should be on a car.

Looking to trade for something my 914 could use, which is a great pair of exterior door handles.

Thanks!

I don't have much to trade, but would be interested in the horizontal trim piece alone. Do you have a price for that one part? Thx.
aturboman
I'm interested in the vertical door guide but need to know if it is for an early or late car. I need one with the early cable style regulators.

Thanks
horizontally-opposed
Sorry I missed the responses above—didn't see a PM and assumed there was little interest. Finally got a PM, and the restored upright is spoken for. In the process, I also dug everything out and took some pics. Will post these below, and PM the two parties above to let them know I have.
horizontally-opposed
Horizontal targa trim. This is the original from my far, in original finishes. Having dug through a lot of these to find one only slightly better, I found these to be particularly tough to find. Why they're one of the few NLA pieces of brightwork, I do not know.

I've done my best to photograph it so you can see the flaws, but am probably over-representing them. It comes off as a very nice piece with no dents, some patina from "wear-in" from the top in two spots, some minor scratches, and some cloudiness towards the passenger side. Not bad for original anodizing 48 years later, but the car was garaged for much of its life. Most of these that I found were not even good for cores. This one would present fine as-is on a nice driver—or is a great candidate as a core for restoration. The "dirt" and damage you see at then ends is covered by the curved upright trim on the back of the targa bar.

Asking $75 and willing to ship FOB.
horizontally-opposed
Passenger side early window upright, as used through early MY 1973 cars (my car is 193rd built and still had these 1970-1972 window guides).

This is one of the extra cores I found after a lot of digging, with no major damage. I still think it would be a good core. The black stuff is just dirt, and the scratches and patina are superficial. Once again, I have photographed this to try to capture/highlight the flaws. The upper area with more scratches is on the interior side, and I wouldn't hesitate to use this in a nice driver—or send it in for refinishing for concours.

Asking $50 and willing to ship FOB.
horizontally-opposed
There more of the used RH window guide.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.