Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Gauge Issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toecutter
What am I missing? No matter how much gas is in the tank it reads empty. Took the sender out and tore it apart and cleaned it up as per the tech article on PP site. It looked pretty good. Still reads empty. The guage twitches a little whenever you turn on the ignition. I traced the wires from the sender to the back of the dash and can't find any gnaw marks from the furry friends who used to live in there (their bathroom was right by the place the loom goes through the firewall). Is there something else I could check?

P.S. Finally got my cheap tires balanced. 90 mph @ 3800 rpm in 5th. Woohoo!
Brando
Possibly the gauge itself is bad? I think there's a certain Ohm reading it's supposed to have? Not too sure though.
914GT
Rule out the gauge/wiring by grounding one of the wires at the tank connector and it should peg the gauge to full. Ground the other one and the low fuel light should come on. This is with the ignition switch on. If both work then the problem is still in your sender.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.