Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's happened to 914club website?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tshih914
Hi All,

Been AWOL from 914club and 914world for over a decade now. Just returning to look for info on rebuilding 2.0L D-jet engine and to update my thread started many years ago. When I typed in 914club I was directed to AutoAtlanta's website and no link to 914club's forums. What gives?

Tom
stevend914
QUOTE(tshih914 @ Jan 12 2020, 05:57 PM) *

Hi All,

Been AWOL from 914club and 914world for over a decade now. Just returning to look for info on rebuilding 2.0L D-jet engine and to update my thread started many years ago. When I typed in 914club I was directed to AutoAtlanta's website and no link to 914club's forums. What gives?

Tom

It is shut down
Andyrew
Everyone went to the 914world after Brad and Andy split the 914club and then Brad sold it to George. George (from AA, owner of the web site) let it go about a year ago..
76-914
hide.gif
rgalla9146
popcorn[1].gif
Mark Henry
It isn't a little club anymore, we're worldwide baby!

IPB Image

rhodyguy
Old news.
Mike Fitton
Why do you think George has started to hang around here now?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The site is way too costly to maintain for the little activity that goes on, but it is saved, with all of the information.

Believe it or not the Porsche attorney gave me a real hassle a few years ago about using the name 914club. !!!!
timothy_nd28
Sell it to me, I'll give you 5 dollars. With the help of SirAndy, we can bring it back to its former glory, unlike myspace idea.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Sep 30 2021, 08:40 AM) *

Sell it to me, I'll give you 5 dollars. With the help of SirAndy, we can bring it back to its former glory, unlike myspace idea.gif

Wait, we're not using Myspace anymore? biggrin.gif
PanelBilly
914 Space?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we own the site but really sort of ridiculous to have two identical sites so we made it inactive. We can start it up at any time

QUOTE(tshih914 @ Jan 12 2020, 04:57 PM) *

Hi All,

Tom

Mikey914
What George is saying is its not commercially viable to operate.

If it wasn't for Andy this site wouldn't exist either.

Someone wanna dig up the paypal link, it's been about a year since I last kicked in.

biggrin.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 30 2021, 05:36 PM) *

Someone wanna dig up the paypal link, it's been about a year since I last kicked in.

biggrin.gif

Here we go!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&CODE=index

I’m caught up for another year!
timothy_nd28
I think George should do the gentlemanly thing and forward traffic to the 914world vs AA
burton73
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Sep 30 2021, 05:43 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Here we go!

When the season for being thankful ( Thanksgiving) That is when I remember to send a small amount of dues ( We do not call the money dues) but I am always so thankful for Andy’s and the administers work on the site

Thanks,

Bob B Burton
914Next
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Sep 30 2021, 07:43 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Here we go!

Thanks for making it easy....I'm good for another year.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 13 2020, 08:23 AM) *

The site is way too costly to maintain for the little activity that goes on, but it is saved, with all of the information.

Believe it or not the Porsche attorney gave me a real hassle a few years ago about using the name 914club. !!!!

Many years ago the Porsche 914 Club based in Oakley CA was recognized by Porsche.
Spoke
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Sep 30 2021, 08:43 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Here we go!

Thanks, just donated.
bkrantz
Me too.
wonkipop
[quote name='Spoke' date='Sep 30 2021, 08:02 PM' post='2949504']
[quote name='914_7T3' post='2949468' date='Sep 30 2021, 08:43 PM']
[quote name='Mikey914' post='2949461' date='Sep 30 2021, 05:36 PM']

biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Here we go!

[/quote

Thanks, just donated.
[/quote]

thanks for making this obvious.
just coughed up in AUD.
beerchug.gif
GBX0073
Thanks Andy for all you do for the 914 Community
sent you some paypal to keep the lights on smile.gif
mmichalik
Not sure if it was time yet but, just renewed as well.
Thanks Andy!
SirAndy
piratenanner.gif
iankarr
Just re-upped!
Root_Werks
Oh crap, all these years I never knew we could donate!

Sent some mulah.
Steve
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 1 2021, 11:20 AM) *

Oh crap, all these years I never knew we could donate!

Sent some mulah.

That's what the little world icon is with the hand underneath. Once you contribute you get the helping hand icon. Hopefully the amount from everyone is enough to keep the lights on and pay for Andy's website support and playing wack a mole with the hackers.
FlacaProductions
I'm in.
RiqueMar
et voilà!

Believe we should come up with some sort of funding reminder so that @SirAndy doesn't get stuck with the bill. Being a member of a few different forums, I can say without hesitation that this site is an invaluable resource and the best community with the best members.
LefthandRev
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 30 2021, 03:07 PM) *

we own the site but really sort of ridiculous to have two identical sites so we made it inactive. We can start it up at any time

It's pointless to have two. If they were wildly different, maybe... It's better to have a single source of information.
mxkinn01
I just donated. Keep up the great work.
Mike
Speedo
Paid biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
totally agree

QUOTE(LefthandRev @ Oct 1 2021, 01:06 PM) *

It's pointless to have two. If they were wildly different, maybe... It's better to have a single source of information.

friethmiller
PAID!
jmalone
Paid. Thanks Andy biggrin.gif
euro911
agree.gif - Thanks for all you do to keep 914 World the best 914 forum in the world up and running, Andy beerchug.gif

Paypal sent type.gif

... Mark S.
Curbandgutter
Paid. Thanks Andy. beerchug.gif
TonyA
Paid up with pleasure. And thanks for all you do and especially the great stuff you sent out for the NE Gatherings. piratenanner.gif
FRUNKenstein
Re-upped. Thanks for the reminder. You know, this might be worth posting a reminder in its own thread. Just sayin'. . .

Click to view attachment
datapace
Paid. Thanks, Andy! smilie_pokal.gif
Toast

George,
I do hope that you do not let that site go completely. Maybe it's just me. It has old messages and threads from some of our beloved 914 friends and acquaintances that are no longer with us.
toast.gif
pek771
BTT.
rgolia
All paid up.....thanks for the reminder and thanks to Andy beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.