Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB announcement NEW VISORS ! with mirror and flap just like OEM!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mikey914
Here's the deal,
As many of you know the visor rebuild service we have been offering for a few years now, they aren't OEM.

We can now provide you with OEM quality visors that are difficult to tell from OEM.

We are working out the details right now but really depends on how many takers we can get to the price we can offer.

So my question is how many folks would buy "new" visors if they were less than $120 a set? If we get enough folks it can be significantly less than $120 a set for the GB

The retail on these will be $180 a set after so there will be a value to the GB.

They have the mirrors just like OEM and the flaps just like OEM. I honestly think you will have a hard time telling these from the OEM. Except they aren't crunchy.

Here's a link to video of the flap. There is some background noise so turn the volume on your speakers down a bit.

https://youtu.be/U_zHYqfzieA

SO who's in?
ValcoOscar
I'm in for at least 3 sets!!!!!!
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Oscar
gokart73
I would be in for a set as well.
914forme
I'll be in for a set, and sell off two of my old rebuild sets, not even taken out of the box yet.
BeatNavy
I'd be in for one set at least. Absolutely!
bob
I'm in for a set
VoPo914
I would be in for a set.
billh1963
I'm in for at least two sets in black...
Jett
I’ll take two please.
Niklas
I am in for 3 sets.

Niklas
poorsche914
2 sets!

driving.gif
wes
One set please.
cn2800
Absolutely in for one set.
DucRS
One set for me, please.

-Alfred
second wind
I will take a set. Thank you.
74 sunflower 914
I would like one set.
Front yard mechanic
Yo one
mb911
Heck yeah.. I will be moved by then..
second wind
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 13 2020, 10:10 AM) *

Here's the deal,
As many of you know the visor rebuild service we have been offering for a few years now, they aren't OEM.

We can now provide you with OEM quality visors that are difficult to tell from OEM.

We are working out the details right now but really depends on how many takers we can get to the price we can offer.

So my question is how many folks would buy "new" visors if they were less than $120 a set? If we get enough folks it can be significantly less than $120 a set for the GB

The retail on these will be $180 a set after so there will be a value to the GB.

They have the mirrors just like OEM and the flaps just like OEM. I honestly think you will have a hard time telling these from the OEM. Except they aren't crunchy.

Here's a link to video of the flap. There is some background noise so turn the volume on your speakers down a bit.

SO who's in?

Will the drivers side have the little pocket?
Thanks,
gg
TravisNeff
I would be in for a set
yellowporky
1 for me too
bzettner
I'm in for 1 set!
GregAmy
Not directly related...but I'd love to see someone design some bolt-in visors that are like the first-gen Miata, where they fold in half lengthwise. Pull only half of the visor down as needed and it tucks away a lot cleaner than the full-width visor...and it's not pointed at your forehead when stowed.

I've got a pair that I keep threatening to mod to work in the 914.

IPB Image
FlacaProductions
Darn nice - I'm assuming no core required?
(I'm probably not in on this as I've only recently gotten your non-oem-looking versions and i'm fine with 'em.)
Highland
Please include me for a set too smile.gif
Bills914-4
Please put me down for a set - Thank you , Bill D.
sofi2t81
I‘m in

Aber so was von....
Mikey914
QUOTE(second wind @ Jan 13 2020, 11:57 AM) *

Here's the deal,

SO who's in?

Will the drivers side have the little pocket?
Thanks,
gg

Yes you can see it in the background of the video.
Thanks for checking
PCH
I am in also.

Are you delivering the rear bumper top rubber yet?
9one4tay
I'm in for 2 sets!
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jan 13 2020, 12:33 PM) *

Not directly related...but I'd love to see someone design some bolt-in visors that are like the first-gen Miata, where they fold in half lengthwise. Pull only half of the visor down as needed and it tucks away a lot cleaner than the full-width visor...and it's not pointed at your forehead when stowed.

I've got a pair that I keep threatening to mod to work in the 914.

IPB Image

If they're hard to differentiate from factory, I'd be in for a pair at $120, and maybe at $180. My originals are "nice enough," but I wouldn't mind redoing them.

What I'd really like, though, is shorter visors like GregAmy is getting at—the 914 visors are too long and make the car feel less like a convertible by quite a bit. My ideal setup would be something in the style/materials of the factory visors but just long enough to clear the windshield header and then curve upward slightly you provide a tad of protection in the event of head contact. Low-profile visors, in other words.

If I put my factory visors all the way down, I can't see a thing...
black73
1 set for me please.
JeffBowlsby
Exactly how close are these to factory stock...can you post comparison photos of details?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 13 2020, 07:01 PM) *

Exactly how close are these to factory stock...can you post comparison photos of details?

Ditto & possibly 2 sets if they really look OEM cool_shades.gif
flmont
I would be in for at least 1 maybe 2 sets
jagalyn
I'd take a set.
tp coop
one set for me.
hcdmueller
One set please.
frostyf
Hi yes please for 1 set!
bob164
I will be in for a set, possibly two.
Mikey914
QUOTE(PCH @ Jan 13 2020, 02:18 PM) *

I am in also.

Are you delivering the rear bumper top rubber yet?

The sets will be done this week. Will go out in about 1 week, maybe less
fiacra
Count me in as well for at least one set. Trying to decide if I want them for both cars... But for now one set.
nickg

Here's the deal,

SO who's in?

i would like a set please!!
johnhora
One Set please...Thanks
bigkensteele
1 set for me as well.
daveinseattle
I'm in for a set too.
SO.O.C914er
Did we establish core or no core needed?
Blue6
A set please
aggiezig
I'm in for a set!
Seaside6
one set please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.