Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector Seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
I'm replacing engine-compartment fuel lines (dang that fuel-injection line is spendy, by the inch!). Pulled the injectors out, and I'm needing seals too, but it's Sunday and my FLAPS doesn't have them in stock. Guess I'll be garaged for a few days while I wait for parts. dry.gif

I thought I read somewhere that you could use O-rings instead??? The injector seals are wider, so I'm not so sure. Anyone?

Or anyone around the North end of Seattle have any on hand? Dang, the weather is perfect and I wanna drive the teener!!
davep
No substitutes.
Joe Bob
If they leak....you have an engine fire...get the real deal.
Rand
That's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation!!

So, maybe a VW shop will have them in stock locally... at best, it looks like I'm down 'til Tuesday because of the 4th. dry.gif
Bleyseng
I am fresh out too in the stashofparts but I could pull the damn near new ones off my allapart2.0lpos motor.

call me if you want to meet in the morning.
airsix
QUOTE (davep @ Jul 3 2005, 02:07 PM)
No substitutes.

'87 (and probably other years too) Subaru 1.8T is an exact match. At least I can't tell them apart from the OEM part when they are placed side-by-side and/or measured.

-Ben M.
Rand
I could pull the damn near new ones off my allapart2.0lpos motor.

user posted image
Thanks Strongbad... I mean Geoff. Very cool offer - I appreciate it! But it's not that critical - I'm just whining cuz I want it done and drivable. biggrin.gif
I'll probably check with Bowwow on Tuesday, or break down and order them.
nsyr
i bought a pack of fuel injector seals for nine bucks at flaps (advance auto) and it had the right ones in it. I found it in the oddball small parts section, the "Help" products. It had the small and large seals that were a perfect match.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.