Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing Stock Plastic fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Daryl32
Working on refurbishing a 1973 914 V8 conversion. I am thinking that while the engine is out, this would be a good time replace the 47 year old plastic fuel lines.

What is your take on this?

Thanks
Chi-town
I have a set of new stainless lines for cheap if you want them. I'm in Anaheim
stownsen914
If you go with stainless braided, the standard fuel line size is -6 ("dash 6") to supply engines up to many hundreds of hp. I think that size is approx. 5/16" ID.
twistedstang
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Jan 15 2020, 06:47 PM) *

If you go with stainless braided, the standard fuel line size is -6 ("dash 6") to supply engines up to many hundreds of hp. I think that size is approx. 5/16" ID.

-6 is 3/8. The number after the dash is how many 16ths the line size is.

-16 would be a 1" line
stownsen914
They're never really the full size though. Aeroquip -16 isn't even 7/8" ID.
bretth
There is also solid stainless tube which is what most will use. I believe that is what Chi-Town is selling.
IronHillRestorations
I'd recommend solid stainless lines, not stainless braid.
jhynesrockmtn
Tangerine Racing will make up a stainless line to fit your application. I am going to be installing mine soon.
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jan 15 2020, 08:14 AM) *

I have a set of new stainless lines for cheap if you want them. I'm in Anaheim

Hi @chi-town , I’m in California and need some SS fuel lines for a 72 1.7 are yours still available?
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Mar 26 2020, 06:16 AM) *

Tangerine Racing will make up a stainless line to fit your application. I am going to be installing mine soon.

I second the recommendation for Chris at Tangerine. I just finished two projects using his SS lines. They are cheap in my mind for what you get in terms of quality. The line for my /6 race car was 9.5mm. I also did lines for my 1970 1.7 which still has the stock EFI. Call or email him to discuss the project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.