Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 from Florida to Belgium
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dax1969
Hi guys,

My car was loaded onto a trailer in Florida and is heading to the port of Miami for shipping to Belgium. The seller, (member Daytona), was so helpfull during the entire process (ppi, payment, etc).
Big thanks... honest and straightforward guy with Porsche blood in his vains !

I even witnessed the loading "live" through facetime while his wife took pictures.... technology and the will to do this made this possible.

Florida is on my bucketlist and I have a feeling that I will meet Bill somewhere in future. Did same thing with bob (burton73), the previous owner of my 911 while I was in Cali last year.

Will post more pics once the car is on my driveway.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

bye for now
Dax

note : a member once called me the "most patient 914 buyer"...well, I did it again biggrin.gif

Dion
Very cool. Good luck with the “new” 914. Enjoy.
Bleyseng
Where in Belgium are you located? Tell us about the car, year, 2.0L?
dax1969
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 16 2020, 12:06 PM) *

Where in Belgium are you located? Tell us about the car, year, 2.0L?

I am located in Antwerp and the car I bought is a 1974 2.0 with original FI. Color should be signal orange but is currently in a darker shade.
The front and rear trunk, enginebay are still in the original color.
I will enjoy the car for the summer and in winter I will prepare her for paint, back in the original color ofcourse.

Will keep you posted

krgds
Dax

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Congrats...beautiful!!!!

beerchug.gif

Time to driving.gif

Oscar
tygaboy
Dax - You got yourself a STUNNER! Congrats! cheer.gif drooley.gif
Bleyseng
Great looking car! Looks like its painted Tangerine (Blood Orange). Now just pull off the tits....
horizontally-opposed
Nice score, and this continent's loss, as that looks like a really nice example.

I would definitely go back to Signal too. The struggle for me would be whether to keep it all U.S.-spec, or ditch the bumper guards and US side markers. I prefer the latter, but…hm.

Enjoy! The fuel-injected fours are somewhat underrated...if not for engine character and power then for torque, drivability, and their contribution to balance and light weight. I a 914-6, but sometimes miss the way my 914 handled with a four on board, and it was also better for long freeway trips in fifth gear.
dax1969
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 16 2020, 04:34 PM) *

Great looking car! Looks like its painted Tangerine (Blood Orange). Now just pull off the tits....

Depends on what kinda holes are behind.
Any acceptable chrome plugs available ?

Krgds
Dax
altitude411
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jan 17 2020, 04:04 AM) *

Krgds
Dax

Looks like you found a great example Dax. Happy for you. I know you looked them over. shades.gif Enjoy it my friend.

re chrome plugs;

These are available in different sizes. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-8-in..._-204604750-_-N

Matteo
Dax
The reason to buy a US cars when you have several and more in Europe ?
sholman5
Hated to see it go. Now there is one less in our group. You got a solid honest car. Not the owner, but I will miss it. Good luck and happy motoring.

Chris
Click to view attachment
dax1969
QUOTE(sholman5 @ Jan 18 2020, 12:18 AM) *

Hated to see it go. Now there is one less in our group. You got a solid honest car. Not the owner, but I will miss it. Good luck and happy motoring.

Chris
Click to view attachment

He still got his 6....
Trust me, the orange one goes to a good home.... we all remain one big family biggrin.gif

krgds
Dax

btw, car made it to Miami...awaiting shipping. 2nd leg of the journey can start

Click to view attachment
dax1969
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Jan 17 2020, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jan 17 2020, 04:04 AM) *

Krgds
Dax

Looks like you found a great example Dax. Happy for you. I know you looked them over. shades.gif Enjoy it my friend.

re chrome plugs;

These are available in different sizes. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-8-in..._-204604750-_-N

Thks, no homedepot here but I'll look around in other stores. If I can't find them here then I am sure that somebody at this platform would get them for me. trust, a little effort and a paypal remittance is all it takes biggrin.gif
KSCarrera
QUOTE(Matteo @ Jan 17 2020, 06:26 PM) *

Dax

How about better price, better selection and less rust? That's why I bought mine in the USA rather than Europe...
dax1969
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Jan 20 2020, 09:17 AM) *

Dax

How about better price, better selection and less rust? That's why I bought mine in the USA rather than Europe...

You nailed it... the ones for sale here do come (mostly) fm the States anyway. Dealers are buying the low end 914's in the USA and try to sell them for topmoney.
pascalou
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jan 20 2020, 02:34 AM) *

QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Jan 20 2020, 09:17 AM) *

Dax

You nailed it... the ones for sale here do come (mostly) fm the States anyway. Dealers are buying the low end 914's in the USA and try to sell them for topmoney.

Salut Dax,
if you need i have a stock of 914 stuffs, NOS and second hand. I am from Hainaut/Belgium.

dax1969

[/quote]
Salut Dax,
if you need i have a stock of 914 stuffs, NOS and second hand. I am from Hainaut/Belgium.
[/quote]

Thks, will keep in mind. I will send you my mailadress by PM so you can let me know what you have

krgds
Dax
dax1969
Finally got the info that the car will be loaded in Miami.... It looks like they had to wait for another car with destination Rdam. Could have asked for single load but prefer shared container...more money to spend on the car itself then.

This carrier will pick up the car biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Wish her good passage and calm seas biggrin.gif

krgds
Dax
dax1969
Just an update...getting closer. Vessel entered the English channel biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Couple more days...relax...breath...chill biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

note : being a shipagent myself I can't help it that I keep tracking the car euuh the vessel aktion035.gif
KSCarrera
IPB Image

You'll be fine...
dax1969
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Feb 25 2020, 03:16 PM) *

You'll be fine...

Ofcourse. Yr pic is the MSC chitra which capesized years ago near Mumbai biggrin.gif

Big Len
popcorn[1].gif
dax1969
She made it !!

Arrival of the trailer

Click to view attachment

First glimpse...pfuw it's the right one

Click to view attachment

There she is... driver said I could unload myself

Click to view attachment

Welcome in rainy Belgium

Click to view attachment

Started working on the car to get her ready for technical inspection.
First cleaning done, installed euro lenses and euro turnsignals and put
H4s on. Car has good bones but a few things are needed. The brakelights
stays on (sticky pedal ? switch ?), no backup lights and no horn.

Click to view attachment

mudhornets ??

Click to view attachment

bye for now
Dax

DRPHIL914
great!!

horn will be the contact under the batwing, small tab for the ground wire to be on,
brake light most likely is the switch on pedal cluster under the board, it could be bad switch or it may be the pedal when depressed is not contacting the small lever in the switch that has to be pushed, that’s what mine was.
for the back up light check the contacts at the transmission. might just be unplugged.

that does look like mud-dauber wasp nest on the back of the light.

have fun , post lots of pictures
dax1969
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 9 2020, 03:43 PM) *

great!!

horn will be the contact under the batwing, small tab for the ground wire to be on,
brake light most likely is the switch on pedal cluster under the board, it could be bad switch or it may be the pedal when depressed is not contacting the small lever in the switch that has to be pushed, that’s what mine was.
for the back up light check the contacts at the transmission. might just be unplugged.

that does look like mud-dauber wasp nest on the back of the light.

have fun , post lots of pictures

Thks, searched the platform and found same answers. Will dig into it soon. Just installed an electrical washing pump and the jwest fusebox. Will keep posting (and will keep asking questions biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif )

bye for now

dax
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.