Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will this work for sync tool for triple webers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
On ebay....$14.50
ebay link
Joe Bob
user posted image
asdf
mightyohm
It'll work but they are crude. The angle of the tube changes the reading and at idle it's hard to tell where the average level of the bouncing ball is. Then try comparing that level between 6 stacks...

The dial type that PP sells for around $40 are much better. You get a number reading that is pretty repeatable.

TimT
yes, I have one of them along with the more expensive tool.

the tool you pictured restricts the flow more than the $ tool. So you just put it on the air horn, get a quick reading, and pull it off.

if you leave it in place it affects the way the engine runs, unlike the more expensive unit.

but yes you can sync carbs with it.

Joe Bob
Thanks....I used that tool back in the 70s...was wondering if anything had improved over the years.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Jul 3 2005, 04:22 PM)
It'll work but they are crude. The angle of the tube changes the reading and at idle it's hard to tell where the average level of the bouncing ball is. Then try comparing that level between 6 stacks...

The dial type that PP sells for around $40 are much better. You get a number reading that is pretty repeatable.

Have you got a part number or a "official" description? PP has guys that are less than....ummm, knowledgeable lately....
Aaron Cox
mikey - i have a hookup on the updated dial ones that dont restrict flow... IIRC i paid 20 for it.

lemme look into it for joo
Joe Bob
user posted image

This one???
Joe Bob
Found them here....nutin on the Bird....$45 USD....

Webpage
TimT
Aaron hook me up also if you can get the other tool for menos dinero, mines all beat to crap

Aaron Cox
i get these all day long for 25.00 bucks

user posted image
Joe Bob
K....send me one.... pray.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 3 2005, 08:24 PM)
Thanks....I used that tool back in the 70s...was wondering if anything had improved over the years.

quite the opposite...

people who've bought what's currently available report that the new ones are very cheap and crude in construction. the Synchrometer is lots better. i've still got a '70's-era UniSyn in my box but i never use it any more...
Joe Bob
So...is that a nanner nanner or do ya wanna sell it??? dry.gif
campbellcj
The Unisyn sucks; I'm getting the STE Synchrometer next time I feel like dickin' with the Webers.
Joe Bob
Isn't that what A-ron is talking about?
zoomCat
Is this the right tool?

The Snail

Joe Bob
Looks like it....
zoomCat
That's gud, I just bought one. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
mikey,

check your voicemail wink.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 3 2005, 07:13 PM)
mikey,

check your voicemail wink.gif

Why....did ya fart the star spangled banner???
736conver
Hey whats the source on these. I need one two. Just put my rebuilt carbs on and need to tune them.

J P Stein
The original Syncrometer (snail) is the unit to have, IMO.
That black one is a knock off......from commie China or somesuch. You pays your money & takes your chances.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (736conver @ Jul 3 2005, 08:23 PM)
Hey whats the source on these. I need one two. Just put my rebuilt carbs on and need to tune them.

why 2???

you move them between the barrels....
AA

im working on getting a greater discount....
mine works fine....

AA
J P Stein
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 3 2005, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (736conver @ Jul 3 2005, 08:23 PM)
Hey whats the source on these.  I need one two.  Just put my rebuilt carbs on and need to tune them.

why 2???

you move them between the barrels....
AA

im working on getting a greater discount....
mine works fine....

AA

My internet translator says "I need one also" (or "one too")....but it's been wrong before. laugh.gif
736conver
Sorry I meant too. A little to much to drink last night. I'm surprised it came out that good.
zoomCat
Here's the one I picked up from the link I posted above, $25.

The box it comes in says it made in Taiwan. It appears absolutely identical to at least one I saw listed online somewhere as made in Germany, for $40 or $60. If its a copy, it at least looks like an exact copy. I can't contribute anything about relative performance, though.

I can pull about 20-25 kg/hr by lung, though. Makes you kinda dizzy. wacko.gif
Aaron Cox
same deal i can get. sk-130

local shop down here. CIP1 is probably the best bet
AA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.