Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Brembo light alloy front calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Ron65
These came off an Alfa GTV and have 3" spacing. If I were keeping them would send them out to Eric. $199 or best offer plus shipping from Maryland. Also have a new in box 123 Distributor for FI 71 914 for $399 or best offer plus shipping. Thank you, Ron Anthony 356coupe@comcast.net Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Thanks for the info and to you TDSkip! (although I would have appreciated a PM first) I had no idea that these cores I have are nearly worthless. I paid $500 for them last year. Well, if they don't sell they will look cool on my garage wall. Ron in MD
Chi-town
The main bolts are way longer than normal, any idea why?
914Sixer
Nuts are off that's why they look long
sixnotfour
spacers are missing
Krieger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 18 2020, 03:36 AM) *

spacers are missing

agree.gif

The housings are threaded. No nuts needed.
Tdskip
Can’t you get these already remanufactured for 150 aside, I think the court charges around 100 if you don’t have a pair to give them
Tdskip
Ron - I got your private message. To be blunt the community here tries to look out for one another and my comment is well in line with how we try to help each other. I happen to have a couple Alfa’s, so why shouldn’t I share what I know with the community?
Ron65
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 18 2020, 03:02 PM) *

Ron - I got your private message. To be blunt the community here tries to look out for one another and my comment is well in line with how we try to help each other. I happen to have a couple Alfa’s, so why shouldn’t I share what I know with the community?

It is fine however you may be thinking of something else as I have seen these for sale, rebuilt for $1,000 a pair by a very well known vendor here. If these are available for
your price then that makes no sense. And to the point, I have been involved with porsches for over 50 years and am simply at a point where I have too much stuff. So
some of it has to go and if I get 1/2 or so of what I paid, that is fine. Thank you, Ron
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Ron65 @ Jan 18 2020, 12:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 18 2020, 03:02 PM) *

It is fine however you may be thinking of something else as I have seen these for sale, rebuilt for $1,000 a pair by a very well known vendor here. If these are available for
your price then that makes no sense. And to the point, I have been involved with porsches for over 50 years and am simply at a point where I have too much stuff. So
some of it has to go and if I get 1/2 or so of what I paid, that is fine. Thank you, Ron

Prices have changed. Used to pay more than 1k for early S calipers. Today they go for $350 a pair.
mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 18 2020, 01:23 PM) *

Can’t you get these already remanufactured for 150 aside, I think the court charges around 100 if you don’t have a pair to give them

Eric charges around $650 to restore them. They are a more labor than a steel caliper. $200 isn't a bad price since they look like they are in pretty good shape.
It's true you can get S calipers for $350 now but again, restoration labor is 2X a steel caliper and they almost always need new pistons. The Alfa's are cool because they replace M calipers without any mods.
Chi-town
Centric will sell you a set for $150 a side reman with $100 core
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.