Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Seat Removal help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ben*james
Hi Guys..

I'm trying to remove my driver side seat and running into a little trouble. It's not a stock seat and the rails are a little different.
I tried going all the way forward, backing it off 1/2 inch or so like stock seats and feeling for a release but didn't. Perhaps my fingers are getting old.. WTF.gif

If anyone has any suggestions - we'd take em! driving.gif

I'll add pics from my phone.

-Ben

ben*james
Pics. Took me awhile - had to save as Jpeg first.

screwy.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Dominic
Ben,
I had the seats out once before, but I can't remember exactly how I got them out, but much different from stock since they have two front bolts holding them down as well.

You may have to put the seat all the way back, undo the front bolts, then move the seat all the way forward to get the back bolts.

Hope this helps.

Dominic
mepstein
QUOTE(Dominic @ Jan 21 2020, 08:42 PM) *

Ben,
I had the seats out once before, but I can't remember exactly how I got them out, but much different from stock since they have two front bolts holding them down as well.

You may have to put the seat all the way back, undo the front bolts, then move the seat all the way forward to get the back bolts.

Hope this helps.

Dominic

That's what I was thinking. Remove as many bolts as you can and go from there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.